4

Angel

I look at her name through my phone screen, wondering what to say. I've only dated once and she texted me first, I have no idea how to initiate the first move. Although I know for a fact she won't. She's a shy girl and I think that's why I like her. She is cute and sexy as fuck. Typing "hi" is too little but typing "hey!" is too much. Fuck.

Before I can even respond I hear my sister calling my name for my mom. I get off my bed and head downstairs. "Mom says you have to take me to soccer practice."

"Mom!"

"I need to prepare dinner. I will pick her up." My mom signs.

I roll my eyes at my sister's stupid face and stomp my feet to get my bag and keys. We walk out the door and get into my jeep. I have a Jeep Wrangler with an open roof, it is perfect for the California weather. Except for the unexpected rain, which hasn't happened yet, I've done my research.

When we are ready, I drive off to my sister's practice. When we get there, I get a text from my mom telling me to stay for a little just until she gets there. My parents are very protective and they didn't let me go anywhere till I was 16. I get it but sometimes they do too much.

I get out of the car and sit on the bleachers. I go on my phone and occasionally check on my sister. She somehow was able to get a spot on the school team and it was her first practice.

"Hey, you're the new girl girl right?" Some kid says. I look up to see and brown-haired boy staring at me. He's got red cheeks and a baby face. His eyes are green and he reeks of cologne. I hate the smell of cologne.

"Why does everyone say that? 'Oh, you're the new girl right' Like can you really tell I'm the new girl out of all these fucking kids?" I rant and look at him confused.

"You're just really hot so people notice."

I scoff and roll my eyes. "Who are you and what do you want."

"My name is Gabriel, and your number," he says with what he thinks is charm.

"Uhh no. I'm very gay."

"Eww, why are all the hot bitches gay?"

"Because hot girls deserve hot girls," I say nodding and returning my eyes back to my phone. I ignored his pleading until he smacked his lips and walked away. I smile to myself as I look down.

Soon my mom came and I got to leave after hugging her. I decided to text S that we could have a session tomorrow after school. I haven't gotten a response yet.

Thursday, the next day was here and I ended up taking my siblings to school again. "Hey, S!" I say as I sit down behind her. "Did you get my text?"

She turns and nods her head. "Oh, well... you didn't respond," She looks at me confused then pulls out her phone. Her mouth gapes open and she nods her head. She then begins to text.

I saw the text but then I had to shower and brush my teeth. By the time I had finished, I must have completely forgotten. Sorry, I hope I didn't upset you.

"No, of course you didn't. I was just confused is all. So is that a yes?" She nods her head and smiles. Those cute red cheeks show again. She then writes on a piece of paper and I watch as she does. I can't help but imagine her finger insid- whoops getting sidetracked. Focus Angel.

What time should I come?

"How about we go together? I can give you a ride if you don't already drive."

She writes again. I don't drive but I can walk, you don't have to drive, I don't wanna be a burden.

"What? Don't be ridiculous, I'll drive you. Meet me at the front after school," she smiles small and nods her head. The teacher begins to speak so she turns around. After a while, we started to get into independent work and I got stuck on one of the questions. I decided to skip and do the rest. I ended up skipping six. When I saw that S was done and reading a book, I decided to ask her for help. "Hey, S? Can you help, I'm stuck."

When she turns, she nods her head and looks at the screen I turned. It was hard for her to help me, considering she was mute, but she tried. "Okay, so I don't get this word. Like I don't even know how to say that and they asking what it means. I don't know," she smiles showing her teeth while silently laughing.

She ended up just selecting the correct answer and it made complete sense.  The bell rang just as she finished helping me and I was able to turn it in. I packed my stuff and thanked her. I continued my day like normal. I waited at the front of the school for her.

"Bro, can we go?" Naomi complains.

"You can walk. I'm waiting for someone." I say, annoyed. I look around to see if I can spot her but nothing yet.

"Who?" Leroy asks next, I only roll my eyes in response. I smile when I finally spot her and meet her halfway. I smile and turn when I reach her then we walk to the car. My siblings trailing behind.

"S is in the front," I say to Leroy who was aiming to sit in the passenger seat. He kisses his teeth and leaves to sit in the back. S gets in the front and I get into the driver seat. I watch as she puts her airpod in and listens to music. It takes 20 minutes to get home and we all get out.

"I'll just introduce you to my parents first, so they know who you are."

"Mom. Dad. This is S, a friend from school."
I sign once we reach them.

"Nice to meet you S. That's what they said," I tell her who smiles at my parents.

"We will be upstairs." I inform them.

"Come, my room is this way," I involuntarily grab her arm and walk up the stairs. We pass rooms until we make it to mine, which is down the hall. "This is my room, nothing much."

I watch her look around at all the things. I only have a couple of posters and LED lights on my walls. She seems to have an interest. "You can put your bag on the floor or on the chair if you'd like."

She puts it on the chair and meets me on the bed. "Okay, do you know any signs or?" She shakes her head. "Ok, well let's just start with your name. First, use an open hand and point to yourself like this." I show her the sign for "my".

"Okay now do this," I use the two fingers on both hands and lay them on top of each other forming a cross and she copies. I then show her the symbol for her name. "Wait is S your real name or nickname?" She holds out a two showing it's her nickname.

I teach S the alphabet next, and we repeat it until she gets it down. She was able to memorize it well. After going over the alphabet we decided to end it there and do something else. "Hey, you wanna stay for dinner."

She pulls out her phone and sends me a text saying she can't. "All good!" I say doing my best to hide my disappointment. She ended up staying for two hours before waving bye and leaving.

S, I wonder what her real name is.

(A/N: the only thing worse than period cramps is the sharp pain in your asshole that feels like you being electrocuted and stabbed.)