14

Angel

Later tonight, I'll admit my love to S. I'm excited but nervous, and I think S can tell. It's probably because of my constant shaking from my emotions. My parents asked me to do grocery shopping for them and of course, S joined. "Can you grab that?" I asked pointing to the 4 dozen eggs.

"So many."

"We go through this shit in 2 weeks," I say with a small laugh. We continue to the next aisle, checking off each item from my mom's list. "You know what I just realized, we're gonna be moms next week."

She looks at me with an odd expression. "You know the babies?" She remembers and nods her head.

"Can't wait, can't you tell I'm so excited," she signs, her face completely neutral.

"You're not funny," I reply.

"Then why are you laughing?"

"Because you're ridiculous!" I say, now not holding back on my laughter.

As we shop some more, my hand in hers and talking about upcoming events like tonight. We stop in the baking aisle. "Wanna make a cake? We should totally make a cake."

S unexpectedly kisses me, grabbing my face and pulling me towards her. I'm surprised but soon ease into her lips. She softens her grip on my face and soon moves her lips from mine. "I loved it but what was it for?"

"If I said it was because the same lady has been giving us weird looks since she saw us, would you do the same?" she signs and glances behind me. I turn around to see a woman in her late 30s staring at us with hate and disgust. My mood is now ruined.

"Come one let's go, just a few more things left," I say my voice bland.

"Are you mad at me?" S signs after about 10 minutes of silence.

"No, I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at that bitch," I respond. "The way she looked at us, it made me feel weird. I shouldn't feel like what I'm doing is wrong. I should be able to love you- I mean be with you, without the stares and constant hate."

"I get it. Maybe I shouldn't have pointed it out," she signs.

"It's not your fault. Let's just finish this and get out of here."

                                      ———
A little while later and we're back at the house. Everyone helps with groceries as we put them is the correct spots. "Mom, just as a reminder. Me and S are going out tonight, it's Valentine's Day," I sign.

"Okay be safe."

"We have to get ready," I tell S and we both head up the stairs and into my room. "Do you wanna bring Rain?"

"If it's not a bother, she's well..."

"Trained," I sign and she nods her head, repeating the sign. "Okay, Rain!"

The Doberman comes running with her nub swinging side by side. I close the door and pick out my clothes. A cross crop pink shirt with jeans, along with a black hoodie I'll carry if I get cold.

When I'm done changing, I tell S, to wait here while I go pack my gifts. I get it from my parent's closet and carry it to the car. I make sure it's placed in well, where S can't see and it can't get ruined.

S is ready to go by the time I get into the house again. She has Rain in a harness and is carrying a backpack, we can now leave. I wave by to my parents and we leave. "Not that I don't love you as my passenger princess but do you wanna learn how to drive?"

"I know how."

"Wait, you do?" I say surprised and she nods. "When?"

"I got my permit at 16 and my drivers license like 6 months later."

"Oh my god, I need to start asking more questions. Is there anything else I need to know about you?"

"I don't think so."

"Oh okay well if anything pops up, let me know."

                                   ———
"Okay, let me get my things and hide them under the blanket before to get out," she nods her head and wait in the car while I get out things. I have two baskets, one with food my mom made us and the gift one. I use the black we will sit on to cover my gifts. "Okay! Can you get the food for me please?"

She gets out of the car with Rain, grabbing the bag and meeting me by my side. "Okay if we're lucky, people didn't get the same idea and we can find a spot with a nice view."

Moments pass and although Rain is enjoying the the walk, we aren't. "I never liked hiking, I'm starting to regret this," S points and mg eye meet to the perfect spot. "Oh thank goodness." I say.

"Look at that view, I don't regret this at all," S stares at me with an 'are you serious' look. "What?" she shakes her with a smile.

We lay down the blanket first, I do my best to hide the gift from her. When it's nicely laid, we put the food down. My mom made sub-sandwiches and a fruit salad. I packed drinks and cookies shaped like a heart. "Look there hearts, isn't it the cutest thing you've ever seen."

"I can think of something cuter."

"Aww, Rain is cute," I say trying to act oblivious to what's she's really trying to say. Her smirk and eye roll, make me laugh. "What? Is Rain not the cutest thing?"

She doesn't say anything, but her raised eyebrows and smirked mouth answers my question. "Okay, me first."

I hand her gift over, a smile shown as she opens it. As she pulls out each one, she smiles a lot bigger. The gift basket filled with favorite things and a necklace with our initials.

The next thing she does is open the letter. I hold my breath as she begins to read. Her eyes trailing across each word with a neutral face only heightens my anxiety. I begin to bite my lip and look at the ground, pulling in the weeds.

It's a long silence one that I don't wish on anyone. I can hear my heart pounding and it hurts for some odd reason. Suddenly, I feel her hand hold mine, making me look up. Tears filling her eyes as she holds eye contact. A simple but meaningful sign tells me all I needed to know.

I immediately kiss her lips, my arms wrapped around her neck. I feel her hands sit on my waist, fireworks exploding in my mind. A warm sensation throughout my body. The kiss separates when Rain decides to join.

"Eww Rain!" I say wiping the slobber off my cheeks. S just laughs at me. "It's not funny, it disgusting."

"She just wanted to part of our love," she signs then makes a pouting face while hugging Rain. I roll my eyes and pop a grape in my mouth. "I have something for you too."

"You do?" she nods then opens her back back revealing a book titled 'S+A'. She hands it to me, I smile as I open the book. It's an album of all photos we've taken to together. Each one has a date and a cute comment. "Aww this is so cute!!" I exclaim, flipping through the pages and grinning at each one.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it, I love you."

My love for her is endless.

————————————————————
A/N: Thank you so much for the support on this book. 4k reads is crazy to me, especially because I'd never thought my stories were that good. I appreciate every single comment, vote, read, and follow. Take care of yourself and remember you're loved ❤️😊