19

Angel

Me and S have gone through some crazy things throughout the school year. S more than me, with the court and getting kicked out. She's like the strongest person I know.

We've also been through some good times together as well. Prom, being moms, dates, all of it. I will forever appreciate S, more than anyone can understand. "I can't believe we're graduating. You look so cute."

"Thank you, you look gorgeous," I bite my bottom lip and smile. I'm in a brown fitted dress with a corset. I've installed a weave so my hair is straight with laid edges. My makeup is nicely done, making me feel confident.

S looks stunning, her hair is beautiful straightened and down. She is in a women's black suit with dress shoes. She wears earrings, bracelets, and the necklace I got her. The only makeup she's wearing is lipgloss. "You ready?"

She nods her head and we walk out of the room, my parents looking up as we walk downstairs. My dad looks like he's about to cry. "Dad, don't cry," I sign and say.

I hug him. My parents are the best parents ever. They're so encouraging and supportive of me, I don't know what I'll do without them. I love them so much. "We have to go, we'll see you there?"

"Yes, drive safe."

I nod my head, and S and I leave for the car. "Ugh! I'm so nervous!"

"I'm not even speaking but I'm still so nervous. I guess it doesn't feel real. I don't know. I mean after this it's just more school? I still can't believe I got into UCLA, I mean that's crazy. And you're going to Princeton. On a scholarship. I mean- what?"

When S told me she got a scholarship to Princeton in such a nonchalant way, I didn't believe her. Then she showed me the letter, confirming it. She got in on an academic scholarship, she's so fucking smart, I'm jealous.

We have to separate when we get there. S goes with her CAT-30 and I go with mine. We kiss and go our separate ways, I make conversation with the people our way, anxiously waiting to walk.

(A/N: CAT-30 is a thirty-minute class in high school, that's basically like a homeroom except it's at the end of the day. Idk what other people call it lmao)

We stand patiently as the principal gives a speech to the parents and loved ones first and then we begin to walk out. Going into an organized line, people slowly start to spill out and to their seats. We all sit where we need to and eventually, everyone is seated.

The ceremony went well. The valedictorian gave a good speech and I got my diploma smoothly without an unrealistic fear of tripping. I was able to spot S while I was standing in line, her smile never disappeared as long as I stood up there.

At the end, we threw our hat in celebration. I didn't throw mine, just pretended I did, and went to find S. I searched through a bunch of people until I found her, giving her the biggest hug. "Ahh, we did it!" I scream, hugging her again. "Let's get out of here."

---

A few hours later, after eating out with my family we headed back home. The ride made me super tired but I had to stay awake to see her reaction. I don't know how she will react but I don't think she will be happy first.

I think part of is she will but first, she will be in denial and try to get us to take it back. Claiming we didn't have to do it. It was my idea, one that my parent agreed on. We all contributed towards it. I asked my cousin to bring it over when we left for graduation. We are turning the corner and I start to smile at the suspense.

In our driveway, sits a Red Mini Cooper. S looks confused but I don't think she knows it's for her. "What do you think?" she looks at me. "The car?"

"It's cool! Who's it for? Naomi?"

"I wish," Naomi says as she gets out.

"It's for you," I say with the biggest smile. She gives me her most confused face. "It's for you! I'm not letting you go to college without a car," I say getting out and she begins to shake her head.

When we are both out of the car, we go towards hers. "That's not mine."

"Yeah it is, Mom can you please tell S we love her so much she got a car?" I say. "Oh shit, I mean, Mom can you please tell S we love her so much we gave her a car?"

"We love you so much, we got you a car. Enjoy it and enjoy college."

"See, wanna go for a ride?"

Can I make it through college without her?

(A/N: I definitely could have written more but it's 2:30 in the morning so I'm not.)