Epilogue- Satan

"I promise, I'm going to love you so much better than my mommy ever did," I whisper to my newly born daughter. I took over caring for her so Angel would get some sleep. My beautiful daughter lays in my arms. Her baby blue eyes stare back at me with contentment.

My strong and gorgeous woman sleeps peacefully in the hospital bed. She had just given birth 4 hours ago. Again I was there, holding her hand and supporting her through the birth.

Serafina is the name we chose, both unique and beautiful. It has both Angel and I names, starting with S and the meaning being angel.

I put Serafina in her bassinet after she falls asleep. I then kiss Angels forehead and leave the room. I'm calling the boys to say goodnight. I find my brother's contact, dialing it, and waiting for him to answer.

My brother and I patched our relationship together and he watches the kids occasionally. "Hey! What's up!" He says and I can hear the boys in the background.

"Gab those kids are supposed to be getting ready for bed," I say, knowing that they are up and playing.

"They asked for five more minutes," he says, defending himself.

"Let me talk to them," I say and I hear him call for the boys.

"Mommy!"

"Did Mommy have my sister?!"

"Yeah! Mommy did and she is so cute," I say to the very excited boys.

"Can we see her?" Julian asks.

"Yeah, when you guys go night night. In the morning, I'll come and get you. But you have to go to sleep!" I say to the tiny humans. They both say okay. "I love you guy and Mama does too. We'll see to tomorrow."

"Okay, love you too!" They both say and I hang up the phone.

The next day I brought the boys over to see their baby sister. I treat my wife like the queen she is through the days in the hospital. When we got home and the day passed, Angel had one request. "As soon as I'm feeling it, I wanna go out with you. I want to have dinner in a nice restaurant and I want to book a hotel. I'm not horny now but knowing me I will be."

I laugh as she explains. "Just keep rubbing my feet for now though."

I make a mental note to prepare for a date in two months and get back to rubbing her feet. I remember Angel taking care of me during and after my pregnancy. She used to get me whatever food I wanted and go above and beyond.

I wanted to make sure I was better than before when taking care of her. The first time we were expecting, Angel was carrying and I didn't know how to be a good caregiver. So now I'm making sure her needs are met and if it means rubbing her feet every night, then I'm rubbing her feet.

Our intimate and bonding moment was ruined when our four-year-old, Lucien entered the room. We turn to him, his eyes red and full of tiredness. "Lucien, what did we say?"

"I don't wanna be in my bed, I wanna be in yours," he pouts. I look over at Angel who is the more authoritative figure.

"Lucien, you need to go to sleep in your bed," she says making him stop his foot. "Do not do that, the baby is sleeping."

"I wanna be wif you," he says giving us puppy eyes.

"Babe, look at him. Can he?" I whisper and look at me annoyed. "Just tonight. Tomorrow is a different day."

"You spoil him way too much. He needs to know the word no."

"He's only four babe. He knows the word, he just doesn't like it." I face our son. "In our bed tonight and tomorrow you sleep in your bed."

He smiles and closes our door. He jumps on our bed and gets in the middle. He drifts off to sleep pretty quickly, snoring in our ears. "They love you more, even the baby."

"That's not true," I debunk. "Those kids love you so much. When I watch them, it's constantly 'where's Mama?' 'when's Mama coming home?' 'I want Mama!'. It's constant babe, I'm never home and I bet they don't ask for me."

"No not really but they're so happy when you get home and they always ask you for things instead of asking me 'cause I'm the 'mean' parent."

"Angel, I'm not the 'mean' parent because I'm scared to turn out like my mom. I don't want them to be afraid of me but you. You do it in a way where they still can love and trust you. When you discipline, you're also teaching them and you're not just punishing them.

"They don't love me more they just know that I'll say yes. The baby doesn't love me more either, she's just so used to Mama carrying her that she'd like someone else to."

"Why do you think I get excited when you get home," she asks, her eyes shimmering and mouth smiling big.

"For a break," I laugh and she snorts. "It's probably because you miss me. But I know you so it's deeper that like me coming home is a reminder that I'm always gonna be here. It's like a highlight of your day or a sigh of relief. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere. You love and these kids are all I need and I'm not losing it."

"Why are you always right?" After a laugh and a kiss goodnight, Angel turns away and falls asleep.

Why do I get excited to see you?

Angel is my life. She's the reason I breathe and the reason I talk. She helped me get justice and helped me gain confidence. Her love was all I needed and I'm so thankful I got it.

I didn't think I'd be living the life I dreamed of having but here I am. At the ripe age of 30 with three kids and the life of my life.

Could it get any better?

To be continued...