16

Angel

(A/N: Sexual scene throughout, ofc there will be a warning before it begins.)

We dropped Izzy, never speaking to her or her friends. I resent her for what she did to my love but I'm glad my Light is okay. It's my birthday and I've decided to celebrate with a night out. My cousins and siblings are joining as well.

It's just me and S now, as the two friends I made at the beginning of the year after S, stopped talking to me. "Light? You ready?" I ask S, as she stands in front of the mirror. She nods her head and turns to join me. We leave the room and down the stairs. "Bye. We'll be back later tonight!"

My siblings, Leroy and Naomi sit in the back of my car. I text my cousins letting them know, we're on the way and drive off. "So mom and dad are paying?"

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean you can order whatever you want," I reply to my sister, who kisses her teeth.

"Whatever. At least I'm not the one who got held back and is the oldest out of her whole grade," She teases and laughs along with my brother. Why do they always say things that have nothing to do with the conversation, just to make fun of you?

"Shut up, I will take you home."

"Alright relax, it was a joke," I just roll my eyes in return. I'm turning nineteen which means I'm the oldest out of my grade. I got held back in 7th grade due to unexcused absences.

I got bullied a bunch during 7th grade so I decided to skip school to avoid them. Unfortunately, it just caused me to get bullied even more. I'm fine now but those memories still show up sometimes.

"Okay get out of my car," I tell my siblings when we park. I put my hand on S's chest telling her to hang back. She looks at me, waiting for me to speak. "My cousins are unfiltered so if they say anything that makes you uncomfortable, let me know."

She nods her head with a smile. We open the car and step out. I decided to have a nice dinner with my cousins. My cousins are like my best friends, they moved to the States about a year ago so I haven't seen them in a while. They are all standing outside, waiting for our table.

"Hey, birthday girl!" My 20-year-old cousin, Apphia says. She's the eldest and my mom's sister's daughter. We practically grew up together, making her my first best friend. Every cousin here is my mom's sister's kid, to be honest. Apphia looks like me, same dark skin, eyes, and body shape, the only different thing is our hair. She has locs, I don't.

"Hey," I say with a light chuckle, going in for a hug. I feel S's hand move away from mine. When we separate, I grab her hand back. "This is S," I say, introducing my Light.

"Hey!" Apphia says, moving towards her for a hug. S backs up, not wanting one which leads Apphia to have a stank face.

"She doesn't like hugs," I say, trying to ease the one-sided tension. "Which is fine."

"Right, fine," Apphia says and looks her up and down. I roll my eyes and take S to meet my other cousins.

"Esther!" I shout, excited to see her. Esther and I are the same age so we connect pretty well. We are also both queer and she was the first I came out to. We connect on a deeper and more personal level, I love her a lot.