Chapter 12

Emma

Asher Sullivan will be the death of me.

He's kissing me like there's no tomorrow; like he's a thirsty man who's been offered a glass of water after years stranded in the desert.

He's kissing me like he owns me.

In the back of my mind, a nagging thought lingers, reminding me that this was not part of our agreement and that heartbreak may be imminent.

But my body is having none of it.

Asher's touch has awakened me to life with such a force that my whole body shivers when he positions me over his erection.

A growl escapes his lips as I start rocking over him. It goes straight to my core. With one hand cupping my face, he uses the other to roam over my back. God, the sensation of his touch is so powerful that it fills my heart to the brim and causes me to melt with each caress.

I could kiss him forever. His lips are soft and demanding, reminding me of how perfect it is when we're together.

"You're so fucking hot..." he murmurs over my skin, and I grab his shoulders.

"Ash." A moan escapes my lips as his big hands cup my breasts, kneading them.

God, I want him. I'm tired of pretending.

"Take off your clothes," I murmur, biting his earlobe.

The low guttural groan that leaves him has me panting harder. My low belly tightens with a fluttery sensation, and my sex clenches with anticipation. The pleasure of his touch is so good that it's intoxicating. But I need more. I need to feel him inside me.

As if reading my mind, he softly presses his hands against my shoulder, so I'm lying on my back. "Jesus, Em... You're so beautiful it hurts to look at you sometimes."

My chest expands on a deep breath as his heated gaze takes me in, but my throat is too tight to speak.

With his eyes locked on mine, he rises to his feet, unhurriedly undoing each button of his shirt, as though time itself is our ally. Each discarded piece of clothing that hits the floor has me panting harder, and a low moan leaves my lips when he's standing naked in front of me.

My heart races as I take in his sun-kissed body. His washboard abdomen has that super sexy V of muscles on his pelvis, adding even more to his allure. A trail of golden brown hair starts a few inches below his navel, leading me to his impressive erection.

Sucking on a deep breath, I feel my nipples harden with the desire to touch him. His body is patiently waiting for me to explore, but his gaze tells me a different story. He's looking at me as if he's ready to devour me.

"Your turn," Asher rasps, his voice heavy with lust and longing.

I'm still wearing my lounge pants, but in one fluid motion, I take it off along with my panties. The cool night air hits my skin and I realize I'm shaking. My heart is in my throat and my clit is pulsing in time with my rapid heartbeat.

"God..." he murmurs, his gaze raking over my body with unapologetic lust and male interest.

With any other guy, I'd feel shy and too exposed. But Asher is different. When I'm with him, I'm free from the chains of self-doubt and insecurity.

The feeling that I'm not good enough, that I'm too much or too little, vanishes in his presence. Instead, I reclaim myself, seeing the beauty I possess. It's as if a long-lost part of my true self has resurfaced, rekindling a fire within me I had long forgotten.