Chapter 38

Emma

I find myself on a sun-kissed beach, the golden sand warm beneath me as I sit beside Asher. The gentle breeze carries the salty scent of the ocean, and the rhythmic sound of waves crashing against the shore creates a soothing melody. It feels like a perfect summer day, one filled with promise and warmth.

Asher's arm is around me, pulling me closer as we watch the horizon, lost in our private paradise. As we chat and enjoy the summer day, the topic of baby names arises, sparking a playful look on Asher's face.

"How about we name our son Zephyr?" Asher suggests with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

I chuckle, shaking my head. "Zephyr? Really? Our child is not going to be a mythical wind god, Asher."

He feigns offense, placing a hand over his heart dramatically. "Fine, fine. What about Sprout for a girl, then?"

I burst into laughter, unable to contain myself. "Sprout? Are you serious? Our daughter is not going to be mistaken for a vegetable!"

Asher joins in my laughter, his eyes sparkling with mirth. "Okay, okay, how about something more traditional, then? Maybe William for a boy and Charlotte for a girl?"

I nod, the ridiculous names still lingering in my mind. "William and Charlotte sound lovely. Classic yet charming."

"Agreed," Asher says with a grin. "But you know, deep down, I have a feeling it's going to be a boy and a girl. Twins, just to keep us on our toes."

"Of course, because we're clearly not going to have enough excitement with just one baby." I play along, teasingly rolling my eyes.

We share a knowing smile, the idea of twins adding an extra layer of anticipation and joy to our plans.

"Now, about where we'll raise them," Asher continues, his tone turning thoughtful. "Do you want to stay in the penthouse, or should we consider moving to a house with a yard?"

I consider his question, weighing the pros and cons in my mind. "The penthouse is amazing, but a house with a yard would be more suitable for a family. Plus, I'd love for our children to have space to play and explore outdoors."

"Children, huh? So, you do like the idea of having twins, too." Asher chuckles, his eyes dancing with mischief. "I like the idea of having a big family."

"Yeah... I like that idea." I hold his gaze for a second before my eyes drop to his mouth.

"I can't wait to see you as a mom, Em. You'll be amazing."

I smile, feeling a surge of love for him. "And you'll be an incredible dad. Our child will be so lucky to have you."

As our eyes lock in a tender moment, the distance between us seems to vanish. I can feel the heat radiating from Asher's body, matching the warmth of the sun overhead. Slowly, his lips brush against mine, a soft and lingering kiss filled with promises of a future we both long for.

The taste of salt from the sea mingles with the sweetness of his kiss, creating a sensory overload that heightens the intensity of our connection.

I respond eagerly, my hands finding their way to his chest, feeling the steady beat of his heart beneath my touch.

Our kiss deepens, fueled by a passion that transcends words. It's as if we're trying to convey all our hopes, dreams, and love through this simple act of intimacy.

Asher's hands move to cradle my face, his touch gentle yet possessive, grounding me in the present moment.

Lost in the sensation of his lips on mine, I forget about everything else—the world, the uncertainties, the fears. All that matters is this moment, this connection between us that feels so real and profound.