Chapter 41

Emma

Leaning forward, I savor the anticipation that hangs in the air as I brush my lips over the corner of Asher's mouth, relishing the way he responds with a low, sexy groan that sends a heat of pleasure over my body.

I smile and reach between us, cupping his erection, feeling its hardness beneath my touch.

His eyes close in pleasure.  

"Em..." His voice is a husky whisper, his breath hitching with desire.

I tease him with a playful smile, pulling back slightly so I can meet his gaze. His eyes, filled with longing and anticipation, meet mine with a silent plea.

"Yeah?" I whisper back, my voice barely audible in the charged atmosphere between us.

"Kiss me," he murmurs, his lips parted in invitation.

Biting my lower lip to hide another smile, I let my fingers trace the contours of his jaw, feeling the stubble beneath my touch. With deliberate slowness, I stroke his length in long, leisurely pulls, relishing the way he responds with a deep intake of breath.

"So bossy..." I murmur teasingly, a playful glint in my eyes as I enjoy his reaction.

He shakes his head slightly, a smirk playing on his lips as he strokes his tongue slowly over his bottom lip. "You're enjoying this," he says, his voice laced with a mix of amusement and lust.

I smile innocently, feigning ignorance. "Enjoying what?" I ask, knowing full well the effect I'm having on him.

Instead of answering, he takes control, grabbing my hand and guiding it behind my back. In one smooth motion, his good hand cups my ass, urging me closer against his arousal. I can feel the heat and hardness of him through the lace of my panties, the sensation sending a wave of pleasure coursing through me.

"Ash..." I moan softly, my body instinctively responding to his touch as I roll my hips against him, seeking more of that delicious friction.

"Kiss me," Asher repeats himself, daring me with his eyes.

I shake my head, brushing a trail of kisses along his cheek, down his jawline, and then tracing a path down his neck. Each kiss elicits a groan of pleasure from him, making my sex ache with need.

But I want to make this moment last.

I never want it to end.

I've missed him so much. So much. I've ached for his touch, for his smiles, and for his presence. I've never loved another man. No one has ever made me feel like this. Hopeless. Needy. Loved.

The mere thought he could've died sends me to a dark I hope I never have to go again.

"Em..." he murmurs. "You're torturing a wounded man."

A heartfelt burst of laughter leaves my lips, and I pull away to look at him. "Is that so?"

"That so." He nods, leaning down to play a soft kiss on my collarbone.

I let out a playful sigh, leaning into his touch as his hand trails down to my lower belly and then teasingly to my clit. "Oh, I wouldn't want to be accused of that," I say, my voice dripping with mock innocence.

Asher chuckles softly, the sound sending a shiver of delight through me. "You know exactly what you're doing to me," he murmurs, his eyes sparkling with a mixture of longing and amusement.

I grin mischievously, enjoying the banter as much as the intimacy. "Maybe I do," I admit with a wink, my fingers tracing light patterns on his chest.

He leans closer, his lips hovering just above mine. "You're irresistible," he murmurs, his breath warm against my skin.