Chapter One: Lloyd

I stood by the entrance to the building. Waiting as people passed to and fro. My eyes scanned the crowd, getting snagged on one in particular. A hooded figure was walking towards me. I knew it wasn't one of the ninja from the way they walked. I glanced around to see if there were more, however I shouldn't have, because when I looked back, they were gone.

I Noticed a shift in the air, followed by foot steeps behind me. There so quiet and slow... That could only mean...

"Hello Lloyd." I said without turning around. The foot steps stopped dead.
"God damnit Y/n!" Lloyd cried. "How do you always know?!?"
I shrugged. "I don't know. I feel it- you walking on the... Ground I'm guessing." I said. "I'm still figuring that one of for me- myself."

He just laughed a little and invite me in to the building. "Wait, aren't we gonna wait?" I asked him. He just look at me. "I mean, wait for the others?" I tried again. This time he understood. "No uh, they couldn't make it. Other plans I guess..."

My turn to just look at him. He is so bad at lying to me.

"..."
"Lloyd..."
"..."
"Lloyd, are you okay?" I already know the answer.
"I'm fine." Is his reply as he looks away from me.
Told you I know the answer.
"You say you're fine. I know you better then that-" I start.
"...I know what you're doing." He says weakly.

We're both music nerds, if you were wondering.

Actually, back when I was first rescued by the ninja, I had trust issues. And this was how we connected with each other.

**Memories**
I leaned my back against the side of the ship. I was terrified. Unsure if I should trust them. I couldn't trust anyone that was in my life. Never safe, never home, never warm, never noticed, never known. I sank down and curled up in a ball, hiding my face in my knees. I closed my eyes and started humming a song I loved; Seven, by Taylor Swift. I hardly noticed when the youngest member of my rescuers (who looked a year or two younger then me) came over and sat down next to me. Until he stated humming with me.

I looked over at him, to see his eyes were closed and his head tilted against the wall.

I don't know how long were stayed there. Humming one song to the next together. Eventually, I fell asleep, on his shoulder.

The sun had long set when the other ninja came back to find me asleep, leaning against Lloyd. When he noticed them, Lloyd said; "I don't know how to get her off of me without waking her up."

For a long time I wouldn't talk to anyone except Lloyd. Eventually Zane, then Nya, and so on.

**Present**

We were both lost in thought for a while. "Shall we go inside then?" I asked, breaking the silence. He just nodded.
And with that we headed in.

•~'°÷§--§÷°'~• •~'°÷§--§÷°'~• •~'°÷§--§÷°'~• •~'°÷§--§÷°'~• •~'°÷§--§÷°'~•
Word count: 509