Christmas special!

I love these. I will paste anything important to story in next chapter in case you don't want to read this/it's not xmas time. ❄️

-Zane's pov, y/n's first xmas with them-

"What day is it?" A little voice asked behind me. I turned around to see little y/n standing in the door way.

"Its the 24 today. Christmas is tomorrow." She looked sad so I added: "I'm sure it will be tomorrow in no time, y/n." This didn't help.

"That's what makes me sad." She sighed. When I asked her for clarification, she told me we missed her birthday.

"It was on the sixteenth. We missed it, and I didn't even know."

I thought for a way to cheer her up. I came to a conclusion that should do the trick. "I know, let's pretend your birthday is today! Then we can celebrate it anyways!" She shook her head. "Tomorrow is Christmas, I don't think that'll work."

I thought about that, but before I could say anything, she left with her head hung low; poor child. Then, I got an idea. One better then celebrating today.

-

"Hang that here, on the mantle. No don't drop that Jay! Cole, leave the cake alone." I kept giving instructions to everyone in the hopes of making things perfect. "Does anyone know where Lloyd ran off to? I haven't seen him for a while..." I trailed off.

"I'm right here." Lloyd walked in.

Didn't even take three seconds for everyone (except me) to burst out laughing. Lloyd, was standing there, in his xmas sweater. However, he had somehow taped a piece of paper over the word " Merry Christmas" with the words rewritten as 'happy bertday y/n!'

"Lloyd, it seams you have misspelled 'birthday'." He looked down and blushed.

"Aww man!" He cried. I patted his shoulder. Just then, we all heard little footsteps outside the door.

"Nya, Kai, Jay, Cole, out of the room! She is still quite shy to all of you. We shouldn't overwhelm her."

"But Zane! There's only one door!!!" Jay yelled.

"Jay, we're ninja, remember?" Kai chastised.

"Oh yeah... Hehe, I knew that..."

The four of them quickly climbed out the window and away just in time, as y/n walked in not a second later.

"Happy birthday y/n!!!" Lloyd cried out and I followed suit.

"We know we missed your real birthday, so we made you this!" I gestured to the Christmas decorations that the team help me alter to be for y/n's birthday.

Y/n's eyes were shining so bright, they seamed to glow with every colour of the rainbow. Thats strange... She must be really happy.

"Wow! For me...? Thank you!" She ran up and hug Lloyd and I. The other ninja knocked on the door, and y/n said they could come in.

We might not have been able to celebrate Christmas, but we were able to celebrate our new team member. The newest ninja, Y/n L/n.

-y/n's pov, year before-
The ninja have done so much over the years, welcoming me with open arms. So, I'm returning the long overdue favor.

I bought and decorated the tree, I hung the tinsel, hung the missiletoe -reluctently- then I made everyone new stockings to replace the burnt ones, (don't ask) and added glitter to everything; I MEAN EVERYTHING.

I heard footsteps in the hallway. I quickly left the living room and slammed the door behind me.

"Hey Y/n! Merry Christmas... Y/n? Oh no, are the worm bats back?!" Jay cried out. "Kai! Get the wrench! Last time they came, they invaded the kitchen! Then ate Cole's cake too, and you know what he's like when he doesn't get his cake! And then they-"