Chapter Eight: The Princess, The Knight, and the Prophecy.

-y/n's pov-

I first caught sight of the castle about two hours before we reached the town gates. The closer we got, the even more stunning it became.

The castle itself, was constructed of light grey stone, with blue roofs and gold edging. There were lots of hanging banners with -what I presume to be- the Royal Emblem, which consisted of three stacked golden triangles, forming an upside down triangle in the middle.

The town buildings consisted of many pale and muted colours. Yellow, brown, grey, blue, white, green, you name it. Most offen constructed with dark red, or rusty brown roofs.

We had to go through Castle town to reach the castle, where we should be able to meet with the princess.

I walked over and started a conversation with Zane and Link. Why those two? I don't know, I just need someone to talk to. Lloyd won't talk to me since I told him about how obnoxious he sounded while I was trying to talk to Link. He didn't voice it, but I know he needs time to himself. But unfortunately for me, that means I don't have my best friend/brother to talk to on this long walk.

Zane, Link and I were currently talking about Ninjago, and what it's like to live there. Link seamed really interested in our elemental powers. He also mentioned his friends, (the other champions) had abilities too, but theirs, as far as he knew, were not the same as ours. He said that they tend to harness the magic around them, and use it.

(See note at the end of the chapter where I explain my interpretation of the champions powers)

I asked if he or the princess had powers, but he explained how the princess was destined to unlock her sealing power, and he did not have a power, but was chosen by the Sword-that-seals-the-darkness to wield and harness it's magical energy.

"...which is why I find it interesting that the sacred sword accepted you're touch. I would too, but it shouldn't be able to choose two masters. That's the main reason why I think I need to bring you to the princess, if anyone knows, it's her. I would've thought it would choose the one it thought worthy, end of. But even after is glowed bright for you, it still accepts me." Link said.

"Well, it didn't glow that bright for me. Maybe it just thinks I'm almost as good as you." I mentioned.

"It has never, even when it first chose me, glowed that bright." Link said. "Honestly, I didn't think it could. I probably should have guessed, it is the Sword-that-seals-the-darkness after all."

"Why?" I asked, causing Link to look at me puzzled. "Why is it called that? It a really long name."

Link did answer me. He did more then that, he told me the whole damn prophecy.

The Princess, The Knight and the Prophecy.

It was long.

Infact, by the time he was done his monologue, we were inside the castle grounds. He lead us to a court yard inside the walls of the castle. It was a happy place. It had a gazebo, a small creek, Willow trees and a cascading staircase leading from inside the castle.

After a little while, Link came back, but this time, as he said, he was not alone.

The Princess was beautiful. She had long, blonde hair, hanging down her back. She wore a floor length dress. It's was blue and white with gold trim, and long draping sleeves.

The only problem with her graceful appearance was her sad expression. Her beautiful green eyes were downcast and cloudy. But as she walked out and down the stairs she looked up with a smile.

Judging by the others looks, I was the only one to notice her depressed approach.

I walked forward to greet her. She held out her right hand for me to shake. But, being y/n the anti hero I am, I held out my left hand. She looked taken aback for a moment, but switched to her left hand and shook hands with me.

But I successfully cheered her up. Now her eyes echoed her smile, which was far more genuine.

I think I'm gonna like hanging out with her.

•~'°÷§--§÷°'~• •~'°÷§--§÷°'~• •~'°÷§--§÷°'~• •~'°÷§--§÷°'~• •~'°÷§--§÷°'~•

Okay, so the way I interpret the champions powers is a little complicated. I'll try to simplify it, or make it make sense.

Revali and Urbosa: They harness the lightning/wind and bend it and mold it the way they need.

Daruk and Mipha: Their powers are kinda different then Urbosa and Revali's elemental abilities. So here's what I think. They take the magic waves, not unlike sound waves, and pull that together, and weave the waves into healing/protection. They can only do this due to their heritage, which is why they cannot use magic in general.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

Word count: 831