Chapter two: I Miss Him.

"If I can't get to the golden armour, that I doubt anyone can." Lloyd said as he, I, Sensei, and Borg walked away from the chamber. "Where is the armor anyways..." He continued. However, I had tuned out the conversation awhile ago. I couldn't get the ninja out of my head. "Other plans" I thought. What could be more important then seeing us again? I mean, I'm pretty sure Kai is a god damned street fighter now. How is that important?!?

I forced myself to focus on the others conversation. And lucky I did.

"Where are the other Ninja? I though I ask all the Ninja to come, not just one." Sensei asked Lloyd.

"Everyone else had... Other plans." Lloyd said in the same sad tone he had when talking to me this morning.

"Uhh, hello? I'm standing right here, you know!" I said. Much to my displeasure, the other two ignored me. (Borg was busy reading his notes)

"I'm sorry, Sensei, I am the only ninja who could make it. I did try to gather the others." Lloyd continued.

"Will you stop-" I started, before being cut off by Borg.

"I'm sure the Zane's sacrifice took an immense role on you Lloyd and the other four ninja. It's understandable they need time."

"Could everybody stop pretending I'm a child! I am constantly fighting in battle with the others and have help just as many people!" I yelled. But I didn't stop there. "But does anyone acknowledge that?! No!"

The other three just looked at me, before Borg stepped up. Well, wheeled up. "Y/n, I understand that this is hard for you, especially after Zane-" I looked away at the mention of his name. "- sacrificed himself to save us all. But keep in mind, everybody else just wants to protect you. From what I heard from Zane, he and everyone else looks after you like the younger sister you are to them."

"Younger sister? I'm two god damned years older then Lloyd!" I said exasperated. Borg just looked at me the Lloyd.

"It's true," Lloyd confirmed. "I appear older the her due to an... incident with travelers tea."

"See!" I said triumphantly. "I'm not to young to fight-"

"Enough!" Sensei yelled. That shut me up. "Yes, Sensei." Was my reply. "You are not ready to fight, nor do you have an elemental connection. It was I who told the ninja you were not ready. And judging by you're reaction, I was right."

And with that, he and Borg took their exit. Leaving me and Lloyd standing alone in the big empty room. Lloyd came over and went to put his arm around me, but I pushed him away and ran out of the room.

He can't see me cry. He can't see me cry. I thought. He'll think I'm even less ninja worthy.

I've been trying for years to be as good as them! Years! I am more then good enough. Why will no one let me fight!

Once I rounded the corner I sat done on the floor, curled in a ball, and shut down completely. That's what I do when I have big feelings. Always have.

"I- know y-you're thhare." I choked out between sobs.

"Damn, I thought I was getting better." Lloyd said. I could tell he was trying to cheer me up, unfortunately for both of us, it didn't work. Noticing this, he promptly started singing the same song he and I would hum everytime I shut down like this.

"Nice try, Lloyd. But it's not working." Even as I said this, I unfurled myself.

"Isn't it?" He asked. He then stood up and offered me his hand, which I took, still trying to hide my tears. He couldn't let me do that, so he took his sleeve and wiped them away.

"You're the best person ever, did you know that?" I asked. And hugged him as tightly as I could.

I felt him smile against the top of my head. "Thanks, Sister."
I flinched. Which didn't go unnoticed by Lloyd. "I'm sorry. I forgot that's what he calls you."

"Calls"

So I'm not the only one who can't use past tense.

"I miss him."
"Me too. But I have a plan to get the team back together. And it's can't fail."