Chapter fifteen: Skylar.

-Red's pov-

'They keep rebelling!' I was currently sitting at my desk with maps and reports before me. According to the eastern-city reports there has been a group of elemental masters "loitering" in a restaurant downtown. 'What are they trying to accomplish? And why are they meeting in public then?'

Of course she would be behind all this.

Skylar.

I keep trying to get her on my side, but she keeps refusing me. I know she will join me eventually, right? 'What if I invite them all to the palace to talk to them, then I can convince them to join my cause. I can also show them my new staff so I can prove my power is still larger.' I wrote out the invites and sent them to everyone except my old team.

'They are going to have to wait.' If I can get them out numbered, they will have to alter their plan.

I picked up the stack of invites an walked out of my office. The breeze in the corridor sent shivers up my spin. I don't know where that draft is coming from, but someone is going to have to fix that.

A few of the envelopes blew out of my hands, forcing me to stop and pick them up. 'Why has it been so windy recently?' I wonder to myself and head to deliver the invites.

•~'°÷§--§÷°'~• •~'°÷§--§÷°'~• •~'°÷§--§÷°'~• •~'°÷§--§÷°'~• •~'°÷§--§÷°'~•

"Welcome fellow elemental masters!" I call out to them as they enter the room. "I hope you found the place alright."

"Hard not to when it's towering over everything -and everyone- else. Is the fire shaped window really necessary? And what are all those cats for?" Walking forward was Skylar, in all her glory.

"Hello Sky, long time no see!"

She huffs. "Don't call me Sky."

"Why not?"

She glared daggers at me. "Because you stole my father's staff, hid it and it's magic from everyone else causing us all to be powerless elemental masters! I don't know how your 'friends' got their elements back, but we had to live powerless for years. And now look! You're pretending you rule the world, but you don't." She took a deep breath.

"Face it Kai, no one likes you." She finished. 'ok, that stung a little.' The other elemental masters nodded. 'Time to put the dictator in dictatorship!'

I walked towards them and I could see some of them start looking concerned. "Skylar, join me. Join me, we can rule together! And as for everyone else in this room, I will give power! More power! You can be our advisers! We shall ensure that elementals will no longer be in fear! We can rule forever! Come, join me!"

A few of them came and stood by me.

Skylar and the rest stayed behind. Damn.

"Skylar, please." I reached out to her, but she stepped back. "Kai, I'm really sorry. I will not stand with someone he thinks this, any of this is okay." She started walking out. Before she could leave I called out to her, one last time.

"We never stood a chance? Did we?"

•~'°÷§--§÷°'~• •~'°÷§--§÷°'~• •~'°÷§--§÷°'~• •~'°÷§--§÷°'~• •~'°÷§--§÷°'~•
Sorry for the short chapter, bigger ones are coming.

(\_/)
( •.•)
/>🥕

Also sorry for not updating, I just started school for the first time in my life in February... So yeah. It's been fun! I've really enjoyed it.