Chapter Three: The Noodle House

Well, he's plan did fail. So instead I sent an invite out to the rest of the team. Requesting that they come help me with homework. Where? Ninjago's number one noodle house; master Chen's. I knew how much the others like it, although I'm not fond myself. It's so cringy it's suspicious.

The invites were carefully worded. I'm good at words. I could convince the ninja to eat their gis... Although with how much they want to avoid reuniting the team it probably wouldn't be that hard.

Plus, I had the younger-sister-needs-help tactic. I admit, it is helpful sometimes.

-3rd person-
"Kai! Over here!" Lloyd yelled at Kai walked through the door.
"Lloyd? You're here to help Y/n too... Jay? Cole? Where's Y/n?" Kai was clearly annoyed, but sat down anyway.
"Don't think I want to be here."
"Hmph. While I'm here though..." Kai started. But Lloyd was having none of it. He sawtted Kai's hand away saying: "we talk first then eat."
"Ugh," Cole said. "First you trick us into coming, by impersonating our sister, then stop us eating?"

Y/n walked up to the others.
"Actually, I wrote the letters. Lloyd's so-called 'plan' didn't work. We had to get everyone together in one spot so... Deal." Y/n said confidantly.

"When did you get so... Loud?" Jay asked.
"It's called confidance. Foreign consent to some, I guess." Y/n deadpanned. Causing Kai and Cole to laugh.

"Focus team. I know without Zane-" Y/n noticably flinched. "Things have been different. The reason I-" Y/n glared daggers at Lloyd, who quickly tried to fix his mistake. "We- OW! WHAT THE HELL Y/N?!?" He cried out as she smack him in the face.

"I don't recall you doing anything productive to get us together!"
Y/n responded crossley.
"But-" Lloyd tried.
"No! My turn to drive! The reason I -not we- brought you all here is because... Lloyd -not I- thinks... T-thinks... We-" Y/n started tearing up. Shaking it off, she acted as if she was fine, saying: "maybe we should add someone new to our team-"

"A new ninja?!"
"Are you crazy?!"
"Zane's irreplaceable!!"
"I agree!"
"Not helping Y/n. Look, I cared for him too, but now, as Y/n and I say, maybe it's tame to start caring for the team." Lloyd tried again.
"Hey! Leave me out of this Lloyd." Y/n said.
"Maybe with Zane there is no team!" Kai yelled.

Y/n froze. The team, her friends, her family, were falling apart. Everyone else bowed their head out of respect. Y/n, however, stood up and practically ran out of the restaurant. So distressed was Y/n that she didn't even notice when a gang of suspicious goons solved past her.

She ran out onto the street and down an allyway. She curled in a ball and shut down as always.

Meanwhile the ninja were fighting the goons. And in Cole's case, eating too.

•~'°÷§--§÷°'~• •~'°÷§--§÷°'~• •~'°÷§--§÷°'~• •~'°÷§--§÷°'~• •~'°÷§--§÷°'~•
Word count: 500
I like this length of chapter more then my other book A Wild Legend, which usually have over 1500 word per-chapter and they're getting longer consistently.
What do you prefer?
-Owl