The Project Presentation; Aliens!

"I just want you to know," The teacher starts, folding their arms over their chest. "That I am heavily amused by what I'm seeing right now."

You blink at him, the low humming of Reki's inflatable costume being the only sound in the hallway. "No idea what you're talking about." The gray mustache over your lips moves with every word, and your teacher sighs in response, waving their hand at you to start.

The classroom had gone silent the moment you rushed in with a briefcase in hand, filling with stifled laughter when your teacher followed behind you with an exhausted expression. Hands and briefcase slamming against the desk, you stare at your classmates.

"Aliens!" You'd shouted, straightening your posture immediately with your words as you began to pace the classroom, walking down the rows and staring at your classmates. "Do you believe in them?"

Murmurs of no and shouts of yes follow your question, a debate already starting between two seatmates with differing opinions.

Reki pops in a moment later, almost literally, when he brushes against the door's latch. "You don't believe in me?" He asks, tone mirroring an actor after betrayal. The class laughs at his distraught face, dropping their heads to hide it.

"Now," you say, slapping Reki in the chest, the costume denting in the spot. "I crave chaos." A Cheshire grin makes its way to your face, the corners of your lips dropping immediately at the sound of your teacher clearing their throat.

With a roll of your eyes and an exasperated sigh, you lean against the desk, slapping reki again. "The existence of aliens has been questioned many times, from possible UFO sightings to the downright alien sightings themselves."

"But there's one question that never seems to have an answer," Reki adds, nodding to you in approval. "What color are aliens?"

Your teacher's expression drops lowly, a hand dragging over their face as you continue. "Obviously, there's no scientific evidence that aliens are all one color; green, for example." You say, gesturing towards Reki.

"What we want to happen, this'll be an interactive part," Reki informs, "If you look around the walls, you'll see four different answers." Heads turn at the sentence, low murmuring about how over the top the project was. "Whichever statement is true for you, stand on that side of the wall."

Your teacher takes the opportunity to sit in the middle of the class, leaning back in the chair to look at the both of you. "Don't believe in aliens, professor?" 

They shake their head, "I'm here to evaluate, not participate."

"Boring." The single word set them off, reluctantly shuffling to the corner where the 'unsure' section was. "Can you tell us why you chose that answer, professor?"

"No."

Your eyes narrow, and the class filled with stifled laughter about your never-ending rivalry with the teacher. "Alright then."

By the end of the school day, you're sure your teacher's vendetta against you has deepened. The low hum of Reki's costume fills your ears as it deflates, the sound being the only noise in the empty hallway.

"I think we did a good job," Reki says, turning around so you could unzip him. "I don't think I've ever talked to our classmates for that long, like ever."

"That's pretty sad to think about, isn't it?" You ask, holding the suit as he steps out. "Are we friendless losers?"

The question was rhetorical, but Reki can't help but scoff at it, "Of course not, we just... don't click with others that well." There's a beat of silence that hangs over you like a veil, and he's quick to shake his head with a smile. "But it's fine. We have each other."

You hum, "Whether I like it or not." Reki huffs at your comment, smiling when you look at him. "I don't think I've ever seen you in all black."

"Are you checking me out?"

"Yeah."

He shakes his head, laughing softly at you. "You're ridiculous."

A/n: sorry for disappearing, I will do it again

A/n: sorry for disappearing, I will do it again. Unfortunately 😭

but I hope this is up to standard! (Do I have one?) I forgot about this not gonna lie bc I don't use wattpad that often anymore but I started reading a fic on here cause there wasn't any on tumblr😭

So yeah I'll be gone (here but not posting) until I finish another bonus chapter 😌