Detention; A Deleted Conflict Resolution

Detention.

Reki falls asleep ten minutes in, and even if you were upset with him, you couldn't bear to wake him up.

His head was facing you, arms outstretched and used as a pillow. If you looked close enough, a trail of drool could be seen at the corner of his lip.

When you moved the slightest, he had to. And that's when you noticed it.

As the sun hit his face, the reddening skin under his eyes became visible. The tear lines you saw earlier weren't imaginary, and you realize just how heavy the situation was to him.

Absent-mindedly, your hand reaches up to his face. Your thumb hovers above his eye, then gently sweeps under it when a tear pokes through.

"Reki." He doesn't move. "Reki," you try again, hand splayed flat against his cheek. "Are you awake?"

He makes A small noise as his body scrunches before his eyes peek open, lazily looking up at you.

"I'm sorry." He hears, hearing muffled and foggy from his nap. "For everything."

"Not fault." He slurs and hears you chuckle at his incomplete sentence. "I'm sorry, too." He sits up slowly now, catching your hand before you can retract it. "I didn't mean it."

"We were mad at each other," you reason, "It's okay."

Reki shakes his head, "That doesn't make it okay." He shakes it again, lips curved downward in a frown. "No, it's not okay."

"I shouldn't have said those things to you." He whispers, "Even if I was upset, I had no right."

"What will it take for you to accept my forgiveness?" You asked, holding onto his hand. "Do you want me to be honest?" He nods, hesitant, as he waits for you to continue. "Everything you said was true."

Reki's chair creaks under him, and he opens his mouth to protest but holds his tongue when you smile at him.

"I've heard it all before. You probably have, too. I didn't care at first because it'd been words that had already dug into my head, but then I realized the person telling me those things was the person I cared for the most."

His head falls, tears prodding at his eyes, falling fast as he blinks them away in haste. "I'm sorry." He croaks. "I'm so sorry."

As the sobs rack through his body, your arms wrap slowly around his shoulders, then a hand drifts down to his waist and pulls.

"I care about you, Reki." You tell him quietly, rubbing his back when he sniffles. "Do you care about me?"

He holds his breath at your tone, keeping his head tucked into your neck, fingers grasping desperately onto you.

"I do." He whispered, voice trembling and breathless.

"I do."

a/n: I wanted to post the resolution before the conflict because if I'm honest, I hate the conflict that I scrapped out

a/n: I wanted to post the resolution before the conflict because if I'm honest, I hate the conflict that I scrapped out. It's too basic, Reki is way out of character (and line) so I just didn't like it.

But if I look back at it again one of these days then maybe I'll consider continuing it and posting it 👍

Love you see you later MWAH