[𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄]

❦

Maeve Rosenbloom was an innocent and pure yet stubborn and ambitious twenty-four-year-old small-town girl.

Maeve grew up in the suburbs of Northern Virginia, with her mom, dad, and older brother, Truett, who just became a stockbroker on Wall Street. Let's just say Mrs. Rosenbloom was quite proud of her "babies."

But Maeve's dad's death when she was a senior in high school was not something she liked to talk about; she'd shut it all out since it'd happened. It was hard on her mother and Truett, but for some reason, Maeve still couldn't accept it.

Graduating with a Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Merchandising, Maeve was set to take on the fashion world. She applied to many jobs after her internship at a boutique in her hometown but finally landed one as a stylist for The Modern Mode, one of the most well-known elite business magazines in NYC.

She's worked there for a few months and even made a friend, her coworker, Sloane. It was pretty busy coming into the fall season, so she was thankful to have a fellow small-town friend give her moral support at work.

Not to mention their boss, Nadine. Nadine was an understanding yet sassy French-American woman, always getting what she wanted but helping her employees along the way. She's been the CEO of The Modern Mode for five years now.

Nadine took Maeve and Sloane under her wing, and when all three worked the same shift, the results were impeccable.

But Maeve craved for something more than just a successful career. She lived by herself in a somewhat nice apartment complex in the middle of the Chelsea District but didn't have many friends besides Sloane, who lived in the Garment District, and Violet, her childhood best friend who still worked in their hometown.

Maeve had never had a boyfriend because she was quite studious throughout high school. Sure, she had a few crushes here and there, but never ended up dating them. Her first kiss was from some douche in college, but it wasn't something she liked to reminisce about...at all.

Though she didn't mind still being a virgin, she was growing up. She was moral, or as some people would like to call it, a "goodie-two-shoes." But Maeve had read a few romance novels in her lifetime, she knew her high standards weren't the issue.

Okay, maybe they were, but...she didn't want to date just any guy, and she for sure didn't wanna give her virginity away to just any guy, either. Though she said she would get out more, it seemed like all she did was walk to work and back, along with the occasional grocery store run.

Meet Cassian Bertelli, a dominant, powerful, and alluring thirty-two-year-old Italian-Korean billionaire, CEO of his father's U.S. conglomerate, Bertelli Enterprises USA. He's recently been ranked as one of the top ten business tycoons in NYC, with many mysteries attached to him.