𝟓: 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐌𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫

❦

𝐌𝐀𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐌

"Umm...care to explain?" Sloane asks, tilting her head as I sit back down at the table. "The food just got here...but I have all night to hear this story."

I took a deep breath, probably still flushed. I left Cassian's office alone since he had to look over some things for the restaurant. He promised me that this weekend we could do something together.

Of course, I was skeptical, but how could I turn down those telling brown irises, that rustic voice...let alone, whatever was going on between us. I let him touch my bare ass, and that was not like me.

He made heated moments feel good, not sinful...not regretful.

"Well..." I sighed. "Where do I even start?" I wonder nervously, taking a long sip of my cocktail.

Sloane and Reuel both looked at me with no-bullshit looks, ready for a full explanation; Reuel acting as if he was one of the girls.

"It all started on the day we first met...when he came into The Modern Mode for his shoot..." I started, and then I told them the whole story.

Many minutes later...

Sloane dropped her jaw, despite the more explicit details that I had left out. "So you're now dating Mr. Billionaire?" she questions, raising her brows.

I took the last bite of my chicken tacos, wiping my mouth with my napkin. "No, Sloane...we're not dating," I responded, licking my lips after just thinking about him.

I looked around the restaurant to see if I could spot him. I didn't see him...until my eyes landed on a pair of broad shoulders from behind, knowing it was him. He was chuckling and patting a bartender on the back. I smiled because it seemed like whatever place he owned or invested in, he had a great relationship with the employees.

"Earth to Maeve!" Sloane yells across the table, waving her hand in front of my face.

I snapped out of my daydream, totally blushing as they both caught me. "What?" I ask innocently, slightly smirking.

"You're so in love," Sloane giggles, shaking her head. "Staring him down like he's a whole meal."

I laughed lightly. "In love?" I question, taking the last sip of my cocktail. "We barely know each other, Sloane...and he's never really 'dated'," I claim, displaying air quotations.