𝟏𝟑: 𝐒𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬

❦

𝐌𝐀𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐌

Cramps rumbling through my lower stomach awoke me from my sleep. I opened my eyes, groaning in pain. The sun was starting to peek through the small opening in my curtains, making me look over to see Cassian sound asleep.

His chest was rising and falling evenly as if he was at peace. I smiled seeing him in that way; he was far more innocent, and the mysterious tattoo on his chest suddenly took the back burner in my mind. The way the sun was hitting his dark eyelashes and the side of his cheek, he was beautiful.

Another cramp shot through me, causing me to wince. I think I knew why, so I quietly got out of bed, found Cassian's t-shirt on the floor from last night's festivities, and pulled the covers back on my side to confirm my suspicions.

Scattered spots of blood...I started my period.

I reached for my phone on my nightstand and opened my period-tracking app to see that I was two days early. It wasn't a huge deal; it most likely started because of all the sex we've been having these past couple of days.

It was also just past seven in the morning; I'd only slept for a few hours until the cramps woke me from my peaceful snuggle. I was exhausted, and my period only wore me out more.

I sat my phone down, trying to be quiet as a mouse, making sure not to wake Cassian. I tip-toed to my dresser, grabbed a pair of comfortable undies, and went into the bathroom. As I shut the door softly and turned on the light, I could feel blood dripping down my thighs, considering I'd gone to bed naked with Cassian.

I used the restroom, cleaned myself up, put a pad in my underwear, and finished up. After washing my hands, I threw my hair up in a bun with one of my scrunchies. Looking in the mirror, I glared at the bags under my eyes.

Ugh.

Though I was a woman, and having my period was completely normal, the embarrassing part I was worried about was telling Cassian that we needed to change the sheets.

Hell, we probably need to change them anyway.

When I walked back into my bedroom and turned off the bathroom lights, I turned around to see Cassian doing a big stretch, letting out a deep, manly, and satisfied groan.

He glanced over at me, watching me walk toward the bed. "Angel," he hums in his gritty and husky morning voice.

"Hey," I whisper shyly.