𝟔: 𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐌𝐞 𝐓𝐨 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐩

❦

𝐌𝐀𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐌

🎵 "Gangsta"―Kehlani

I took a sharp breath in as Cassian sat the spatula down, closing the distance between us. He gently pressed on my hips without looking at me, causing me to back into the island.

"More of me?" he wonders in a deep rasp, causing goosebumps to rise on my skin.

"I was in the moment, Cassian," I lie, totally chickening out now.

He shook his head, pulling my chin up with one finger. "But it wasn't a lie, was it?" he asks, demanding an answer, not taking his fierce eyes away from mine.

I couldn't answer, so I just licked my lips.

He didn't like that, because he hovered his face down towards my neck, fanning his Cabernet Sauvignon breath onto my ear. "Which part of me do you want more of, Maeve?"

"Cassian," I whisper breathlessly. "Please," I beg, wanting him to back away and take the attention off of me.

He reached his hand down to the inside of my thigh, making me gasp lightly. "Tell me to stop," he grits huskily, slowly cascading his hand underneath my dress line, raising it millimeter by millimeter. "Tell me to stop, Maeve," he begs, his breath shaky.

I didn't want him to; I wanted to feel his hands on me.

We were breathing heavily as his hand was about to meet my core. Right when he was about to caress me, I murmured, "Stop."

He took his hand away, letting out a hefty breath. "Fuck, Bella," he sighs, shaking his head.

I looked over at the stove to see the noodles for the baked ziti boiling over, making me gasp. "Cassian, the pasta!" I urge, making him snap out of his daydream, turning off the burner, and moving the pot away.

We both slightly chuckled, but I could tell he was still tense.

Did I lead him on or something?

He prepared the dish after preheating the oven. I watched as he was so meticulous with his hands, putting it together perfectly.

Oh, those hands. Those strong, veiny, sexy hands.

As he opened the oven door to place the dish in, I still felt like there was a bit of tension between us. "Cassian, it's not that I don't trust you, it's just-"

"You don't," he bites back as he shuts the oven, wiping his hands on the kitchen towel he had been using.

"I-"

He faced me, saying, "Maeve, I was very open and honest about my past, and of course, am clean, and not like that anymore, anyway...but, baby...you can't be leading me on like that and giving me false hopes."