𝟏𝟓: 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐬

*WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MILD SEXUAL CONTENT. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.*

❦

𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐈

Several days later...

"Fucking shitbag," I hiss under my breath as I see one of my shorts take a major dip.

The market had barely opened and asshole, Gavin Yarbrough, who was also a brokerage rival of mine, bit back. I did this shit on the side because I was addicted to making money any way I could.

The shit I did was borderline illegal, but when you have a last name like mine, you can get away with almost anything. Everyone was on your side; the police, the judges, the politicians...you name it.

Was I more of an introvert at heart? Yeah. But I turned on my money-making personality when it came to business and events. That's why people saw me as a threat; whether business in the city or around the country, I played dirty behind the scenes and was classy in public.

Trust me, my moral compass was high compared to some slimeballs that I knew. My mother and father taught me to stay humble in that sense. But my father acted like he'd never done anything illegal; I know for a fucking fact that he's done illegal shit.

With my father's permission, because Bertelli Enterprises USA reflected him as well, along with Denver being on board, my net worth has skyrocketed these past few years. Sometimes you have to play dirty, just to test the waters...along with your damn life.

Gavin pushing back at not even 10 am was pissing me off. It was Friday for fuck's sake, you'd think he'd be in a better mood. His firm was falling apart slowly but surely, anyway. His family wasn't necessarily old money, but they weren't new, either.

His grandfather had opened their firm back in the day, then his dad took over, and now he. He grew up similar to me, except he attended an all-boys private boarding school and was a frat all of college. But because of Daddy's money, he didn't have to do dipshit to become CEO of Yarbrough Trading.

His firm was one of the most well-known in the city, but he was a complete dick. Though I invested a lot, I was so glad I never chose to make trading my main career. Those guys were absolute wolves.

But because of my net worth, I had money to fuck around with and tear down people like Yarbrough. Through the grapevine of the elite, I've heard that he's fucked over many clients, and especially recently. The economy has been a shithole lately, but that doesn't mean you have to fuck over your clients for your own personal gain.