𝟑: 𝐃𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

❦

𝐌𝐀𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐌

I couldn't even concentrate as I rode the elevator up to my apartment. The buzzing feeling in my stomach, my heart pounding through my chest, the remnants of his smokey cologne still surrounding me...I couldn't get him off of my mind.

I was brave to say what I just said when I left his car...it wasn't like me.

I still don't have his number.

I opened the door to my apartment, taking my shoes off before locking it behind me. I sat my bag and the roses down on my island. I didn't have a vase to place the flowers in, so I settled for a bigger glass cup.

I filled it halfway up with water before unwrapping the roses from the newspaper and neatly placing them in the cup. I scooted them front and center on my island as they fitted in perfectly with the neutral and white aesthetic of my apartment.

A grin appeared on my face as I discarded the newspaper.

Cassian Bertelli, what are you doing to me?

I shook out of my trance, just accepting his nice gestures these past couple of days, but told myself it was nothing more. I think if he liked me, he would've been adamant about getting my phone number.

A few days later...

I walked off of the elevator in my matching sweatpants set, with trendy neutral sneakers and hair up in a cute high bun...because today was my day off, aka my grocery shopping day. I had the same routine every Friday; either going to Whole Foods or Trader Joe's nearby.

As I walked through the lobby, I did my usual greeting to Richard...until he called me over. I furrowed my brows but walked over to his front desk.

I held onto my crossbody bag, pushing my hip out to one side casually. "Good afternoon, Richard, how are you?" I ask, giving him a soft smile.

"I'm well, Miss Rosenbloom, but I have something for you," he coos, handing me over an envelope.

I slowly took it from him. "Thank...you," I murmur slowly, looking down at the crisp white envelope.

"Of course, have a great day!" he exclaims, waving me goodbye.

I did the same and made my way towards the exit of the lobby...before I looked down to the envelope that read on the front:

𝓜𝓪𝓮𝓿𝓮

In fine dark ink.

I guess Richard knew it was for me, considering I was probably the only Maeve in this apartment complex. I opened the envelope to pull out a piece of white cardstock that had some sort of black symbol imprinted at the top.