𝟕: 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐓𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

❦

𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐈

I bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself...but also because she looked cute as hell when she was tipsy. This was twice that I'd seen her like this, so I now officially knew that she was for sure a lightweight.

Not like money was an issue for me, but at least she would always be a cheap date.

I shook my head at her. "Because you're tipsy, Maeve," I retort, slightly grinning.

"You brought it up first," she mumbles, standing up and grabbing her dishes.

I stood up quickly and grabbed them from her, taking mine with me as well. "Don't worry, I'll clean everything up," I assure her. "Just take it slow."

"Take it slow?" she scoffs, but grabbed onto the side of the island, making her shut up as we both side-eyed each other...then burst into laughter. "Okay, I don't get drunk, but you're right...I am a lightweight, and my walking is a little swirly right now," she admits, smiling cutely at me.

Fuck. If I could just bundle that face up; right there, that one...and keep it in my pocket forever. We've both been stressed with work and everyday life, but she truly was great company. Just to have laughter in my house was a damn miracle.

I washed our dishes off before putting everything into the dishwasher. She sat on an island stool watching me as she leaned her cheek into her palm. I walked over to the dining table and retrieved the rest of the food that we didn't eat. 

I washed out the salad bowl, which was pretty much empty and dug into one of my kitchen drawers for the aluminum foil.

"Wait, wait, wait...The billionaire, Cassian Bertelli, eats leftovers?" she teases, making me look up through my lashes at her trying to be comical.

"Why would I waste my amazing creation that took me many hours to make?" I tut back, ripping a piece of foil off and wrapping it over the ceramic square dish.

I put it in the fridge where she left some open room, pausing to admire how she'd stocked everything. "Wow, Jagiya, my fridge hasn't looked this good since I moved in," I remarked, closing it back and turning around to see her giving me doe eyes.

"What the hell is jaggy?" she asks, furrowing her brows.

I chuckled, grabbing onto the edge of the counter across from her. "Jagiya? It means 'honey' in Korean...I thought I'd change it up a little," I smirk flirtatiously.