𝟗: 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

❦

𝐌𝐀𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐌

Later that week...

"Ugh, is this too much?" I mumble to myself as I check myself out in my floor-to-ceiling mirror in my bedroom.

It was Thursday evening and I'd just finished getting ready for Cassian's charity event that he graciously invited me to as his plus-one. Saying I was nervous would be an understatement. I'd never really been to anything like this; not knowing how rich elite socialites acted at these types of events.

All I knew was, I was gonna sit still and sit pretty; I wasn't gonna speak unless asked...or whatever proper girls were supposed to do. This was as far as I knew, the first public event Cassian had ever been seen with a woman, so I didn't wanna let him down; I wanted to make him look good.

After showering following work, I dressed in a black satin Jovani floor-length dress with thinner straps and an open back. It hugged my curves in all of the right places and had a small v-neck to expose a bit of cleavage.

I wanted to be classy, but also fancy.

I paired it with matching satin pointed closed-toe heels and crystal drop earrings. I'd gotten a neutral gel manicure and pedicure on Tuesday after work and just finished curling my hair to put some waves in it.

I just hoped my waves stayed for the whole night. Girl problems.

After spraying some nighttime-type perfume on my neck and wrists, I took a deep breath, admiring my look. I also did my normal day-to-day makeup but added a bit of a smokey eye to match the occasion.

I knew Cassian would probably be in some sort of suit or tuxedo, so my dress would most likely match his outfit. He told me that the dress code was cocktail, and then gave me one of his black cards on Friday, so I could go shopping and get a dress this week.

He was being way too much this week; sending assortments of flowers to my work, meeting me at a café yesterday for lunch, and of course, texting me all week. 

But, hell, I wasn't complaining; he was trying to win me back from the other week.

And me and Cassian still haven't had sex. I was in no rush, but that doesn't mean I didn't think about this weekend and everything that almost went down. I knew he was probably going crazy, yet he didn't bring it up once this week.

He's a man, after all...I knew he was probably used to hooking up with girls here and there, not going on real dates or doing real couple things like we were. I knew he respected my choices; he's reiterated that many times, but I also knew that our bodies could hold back for only so long.