𝟐: 𝐀 𝐃𝐨𝐳𝐞𝐧 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬

❦

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

𝐌𝐀𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐌

The next day...

I was currently walking out of my favorite breakfast café that was down the street from my apartment complex, and on my way to work with a cream cheese everything bagel and iced matcha tea latte in hand.

I only had to work from noon to four today, so I got to sleep in a bit. And thank God I got to...because my mind was running all night last night.

After Cassian whispered those words to me, I knew my life would never be the same; the demeanor in his voice, the way he was hovering over me possessively...I couldn't even form a sentence back.

He didn't say a word after that as I walked him to the front. After he said a final goodbye, his eyes lingered on mine for an extra second longer as he walked out the front doors of The Modern Mode.

I knew, I just knew...that he was the type of guy that got what he wanted when he wanted. There were untold mysteries, alluring sensuality, and dark desires behind those chocolate-brown irises of his...and I just could not stop thinking about him.

Shaking out of my daydream of thoughts, I crossed the busy city street and opened our huge and heavy double doors, walking into work.

As I waved to Lillian, she stopped me. "Maeve, t-these are for you," she murmurs, so no one else could hear.

Not like anyone else was around at the moment, probably on break, but...I was confused.

A dozen white roses with a white ribbon tied in a bow around them, surrounded and being held in by newspaper, laid on her desk.

I knitted my eyebrows, walking up to her. "What do you...mean they're for me?"

"Some delivery man dropped them off about an hour ago...There's a note attached," she explains, nodding towards it before turning her attention back to her computer.

I slowly took out the mini white envelope that was tucked in the newspaper, taking the card stock out to see eloquent handwriting that read:

For you, doll.

To help you get through your Tuesday. I hope you like them.

Cassian

Butterflies immediately swarmed my stomach as I parted my lips. I shook my head and read it again to make sure I wasn't seeing things. It was a note from Cassian...who also apparently ordered me a dozen white roses.