PART TWO; THE NAME

𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー muzan kibutsuji

𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー kokushibo

    (Y/N) didn't say anything as she stared at the mysterious demons before her, her gaze then traveling downwards towards her parents' lifeless corps that still lay strewn about

(Y/N) didn't say anything as she stared at the mysterious demons before her, her gaze then traveling downwards towards her parents' lifeless corps that still lay strewn about. If she were being honest, she felt nothing from their deaths—no agony, no heartbreak, no fear.

Nothing.

In fact, as she looked upon their bloody faces, her lips slowly twitched upwards into a smile.

The demon noticed her expression considering he hadn't once allowed his six eyes to wander from her form, turning towards her whilst throwing the severed head of her father to the floor without an ounce of remorse or guilt. Flicking the blood from his sword, the almost flesh-like material pulsing with veins, the demon held up the weapon and placed the tip directly against her throat.

A bead of blood dripped down her flesh.

"Go ahead," (Y/N) stared the demon in the middle pair of his eyes, her expression flickering between astonishment and clear ecstasy. "Kill me."

The demon tilted his head.

He had met many humans before in his lifetime, and all had either reviled him, feared him, or pleaded with him desperately not to end their pitiful lives. Yet, here was a human who looked almost giddy to see the ones who were supposed to be the closest to her slaughtered and belittled to nothing more than meat.

He studied her (E/C) eyes.

When faced with someone, the demon always wanted to see what was in their eyes before striking them down as they were the supposed windows to the soul. And in (Y/N)'s soul, he found something quite strange—something almost inhumane.

Finally, he spoke.

"There is a natural instinct instilled into every being that makes one fear death," he spoke in a slow and emphatic manner that put a sense of authority behind his words, his voice deep and almost unnervingly tranquil despite the lives he had taken so easily only moments ago. "No matter how hard one tries to hide it, it will reflect itself in their eyes. For, unlike words, they cannot lie. What is amusing is that you hold none of that fear."