PART SIXTEEN; THE DEFINITION

𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー muzan kibutsuji

𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー kokushibo

    MUZAN didn't stay much longer that night after (Y/N) shifted his focus of eternity

    MUZAN didn't stay much longer that night after (Y/N) shifted his focus of eternity. Her words were jarring to him, something that no one—not even the supposed Gods and Buddhas of the world—could do considering he had never once felt as if they were punishing him for the atrocities that he committed over the years.

Currently within his Infinity Fortress, he sat on his plush red throne, his fingers tapping against the wooden frame on the arm of the chair.

He couldn't shake her words.

They were embedded.

Like nails driven into his brain by the hammer of her words, he could not forget them. Then again, he wasn't sure if he wanted to forget them. The idea of a thought—of a feeling—becoming immortalized was a very attractive prospect to him, but at the same time, it meant that he physically would never gain that title of living on forever.

    It made his teeth grind in agitation.

    Consumed by (Y/N)'s words, almost possessed, Muzan returned the next night.

"I didn't think you'd come," (Y/N) spoke in surprise when spotting the demon king only a few feet away as she was filling up several buckets of water from the nearby well, the wind rustling the black cloak he had placed over his pressed suit. "Why show up again at all?"

"You have no reason as to question my actions," he replied simply, lifting his head as he did so.

She blinked at him.

Internally rolling her eyes, she picked up the two buckets and walked back inside of the house, Muzan following shortly behind her. He watched as she then entered the washroom to fill up the large wooden tub before heating the water with rocks burned from the fireplace, the black stone glowing a tinge of red from how hot it was.