PART TWENTY ONE; THE TRAINERS

𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー muzan kibutsuji

𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー kokushibo

    THE sound of something slamming down on a table woke (Y/N) who immediately sat up, finding Kokushibo gone and the sun up

THE sound of something slamming down on a table woke (Y/N) who immediately sat up, finding Kokushibo gone and the sun up. Hastily standing and moving her way to the main room that held one of the two wooden tables which was raised higher than the other, she found herself surprised when spotting Muzan standing with his back facing her, the book he had found open on the surface.

"Why...?" Muzan practically growled out, his shoulders trembling with rage. "Why, after all this time... can I still not find it?"

"Muzan...?" (Y/N) stayed within the entryway.

"Why is it that I'm so fucking close... and I still can't find it!?" He shouted, turning around and throwing the book in her direction, watching—seething—as it smashed against the wall beside her head, the spine cracking and making the pages flutter in a hurricane to the floor. "I've went from front to back scouring these pages... and there's nothing about where the Blue-Spider Lily is."

(Y/N) lowered her head.

There was nothing she could say to that.

Walking forward briskly, taking her face in his hands, Muzan glared down at her.

She swallowed thickly.

"The Blue-Spider Lily is somewhere on this mountain... isn't it?" Muzan muttered lowly, his expression calm yet the veins scrawling across his face and the way his red eyes flashed giving away his rage. "Where is it?"

"I would have no way of knowing that," (Y/N) replied back softly.

"You..." he gripped her jaw, forcing her eyes up to meet his, searching her gaze before something glimmering in her hair drew his stare to the ruby earrings that she still wore. "Hm..." His anger seemed to relax ever so slightly when seeing her still donning the gift that he had given her, removing his hands from her throat before then saying, "You're right. You would have no way of knowing. It's so very... disappointing."