PART TWENTY THREE; THE ACCORD

𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー muzan kibutsuji

𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー kokushibo

    THE three demons stared at (Y/N)

    "Why would the Blue-Spider Lily be within the hands of the Demon Slayer Corps?" Kokushibo questioned, this having been the first time he heard about such a thing himself. "And... how did Lord Muzan come to such a conclusion?"

    "That organization is vile," Akaza scowled.

    "Yeah!" Douma chimed in, pulling a golden fan from seemingly nowhere to cool himself down. "Why should we let (Y/N)-chan go there?"

    "It's to aide Muzan in his plans," (Y/N) exhaled softly, knowing she was now in too deep to be able to escape. "When I left my family's house upon Kokushibo killing my parents, I traveled to Mt. Kumotori where I found a house which used to belong to coal-sellers. And within that house, Muzan found a book related to the Blue-Spider Lily. He told me of the family he had killed that used to live there, and the boy that had survived—a boy with Hanafuda earrings that has become a Demon Slayer."

"Ah, I see!" Douma placed his fist in his palm. "That boy must know the whereabouts of the Blue-Spider Lily! Since you're a human, he might tell you where it is."

(Y/N) nodded.

"As expected of Lord Muzan," Douma chuckled softly as he continued to fan himself, his multicolored eyes glimmering with elation. "But (Y/N)-chan, what do you know about the Demon Slayer Corps? Since Lord Muzan wants us to train you, I'm assuming you can't fight?"

"I don't know anything about them, and you're right... I cannot fight."

"Should I educate you, then?"

"Fuck that," Akaza glowered at the second Upper Moon, once more crossing his arms over his chest in a rather defensive stance, his muscles tensed as if ready to strike out at any moment. "He won't tell you anything useful."

"Aw, you're always so mean, Lord Akaza," Douma pouted, his lips pursing.

Akaza physically recoiled in disgust.

"Here... sit," Kokushibo gestured for (Y/N) to sit, which she did, not even a moment later he doing the same, practically almost forcing her into his lap. "Those two will constantly be at each other's throats... it's better if I just tell you about the Corps. Like the name implies, their sole purpose is the eradication of demons, but ultimately, their goal would be to kill Lord Muzan. The head of the organization, Ubuyashiki, is stationed at a hidden location. He has a deal with the sword smiths who are also kept hidden to supply them with forged nichirin weapons. These nichirin blades are the only type of weapons that can hurt us and kill us."

"I see..." (Y/N) murmured, shifting in hopes of getting more comfortable, freezing when Kokushibo let out a low, almost discernible groan as he clutched her body closer to him.

"Oi, oi, Lord Kokushibo..." Douma smirked. "What's this now?"

Kokushibo shot a glare his way.

"A-Anyways..." (Y/N) cleared her throat, knowing that she would no longer move at all. "About the Demon Slayers?"

"Yes... as I was saying, the Demon Slayers use these nichirin weapons to behead us, the only proven way besides sunlight known to kill demons," Kokushibo began explaining again, his six eyes lingering on (Y/N)'s form, both Akaza and Douma able to note the clear desire lingering within the flaming yellow hues. "There are several members, and the exact number is unknown, but the most skilled are called 'Hashira,' the Nine Pillars of the Corps that have been able to kill several regular demons and lower members of the Twelve Kizuki."

"These... 'Hashira...' if they're that strong, wouldn't they be able to tell that Muzan sent me into their ranks?" (Y/N) bit her lip.

"If we stole a uniform and sword without properly training you and sent you in, then yes, they would become suspicious, but that's exactly why Lord Muzan gave us these orders," Akaza sighed whilst closing his eyes, his lips twitching downwards as if he couldn't believe her ignorance on the subject. "Then again, training you will take quite a while since you've no experience at all. Pathetic."

Kokushibo's eyes narrowed in warning.

"Oh, this is exciting!" Douma clapped his hands together with a cheerful smile. "To gain someone's trust and then to see it crumble... you're so lucky you'll get to witness that, (Y/N)-chan!"

"Shut the fuck up," Akaza growled.

"Aw, why should I, Lord Akaza?" Douma tittered, placing the tips of his fingers against his lips. "I'm just stating the truth. Oh! And not only that, but if (Y/N)-chan is able to find out where Ubuyashiki is or the sword smith village is, we can instantly obliterate them! Or, find out the Hashira's weaknesses! Ah, (Y/N)-chan... you're so lucky indeed."

(Y/N) didn't answer.

Instead, she kept silent the entire time.

    As a human, there was something within her that forced her to acknowledge that instinctual fear when being around the strongest demons on earth, along with that gut-churning feeling of causing other humans' deaths. Douma's words didn't help either, as it was basic human nature to do what they believed was right, and both Kokushibo and Akaza could see that in her silent demeanor.

    "So, (Y/N)..." Kokushibo leaned forward to whisper into her ear, sending a cold shiver down her spine. "What do you think?"

    "About what...?" She murmured back.

    "About Lord Muzan's plan?" He continued, grabbing her gently by the jaw to turn her face back so she could look him in the eye, his gaze momentarily dropping to her lips before it flit back upwards. "You know that this must be done... correct? And... you'll do it?"

    Her lips parted.

    But she didn't speak.

    Instead, all she did was nod.

    "Yay!" Douma cheered, grabbing (Y/N) by the hand and forcing her upwards, Kokushibo letting out a hiss of objection that he just ignored. "I can't wait to become very close, (Y/N)-chan~"

    (Y/N) merely gave a strained smile.

    I can't go back now.

    This is it.

つづく | to be continued