PART TWENTY; THE KISS

𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー muzan kibutsuji

𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー kokushibo

    MUZAN left

MUZAN left.

If (Y/N) were being honest, she hadn't expected him to stay, so him suddenly disappearing with the strumming of the biwa by Nakime didn't surprise her. What did catch her off guard in the next few seconds, however, was the way Kokushibo latched onto her once more now that his master had gone, his arms twining around her waist whilst his head buried into her shoulder. Considering her back was facing his chest, it was easy to be a bit startled by his forward actions since she hadn't been expecting it in the first place.

    "I missed you," he murmured softly, the words slightly muffled considering he was still pressed against her shoulder, his grip on her tightening.

    "You did?" (Y/N) questioned.

    "Yes."

    "Where did you go?"

    "I went even further North than before," he mumbled, almost nuzzling his face into the crook of her shoulder at that point, strands of his long dark hair tickling her neck where it fell against her skin. "It was cold... too cold... and without you..." Before he could continue, his gaze then caught on the ruby jewels of her earrings, instantly the color reminding him of Muzan's eyes, the thought enough to force out, "These... are new."

    "Oh?" (Y/N) tilted her head, referring to her earrings. "Muzan gifted them to me."

    Kokushibo's lips twitched.

    "You call him... by name?" He muttered, his six eyes narrowing to dangerous shards.

    "He granted me permission."

    "Why?"

    "My existence was what allowed him to finally find what he truly desired," she answered vaguely before expanding on her response. "This house wasn't originally mine as you know. I don't know much about these walls or who lived within them. But apparently, Muzan did... and he killed them. He didn't look further in their home, though, which contained a book detailing the properties of the Blue-Spider Lily."

    "I see..." Kokushibo blinked.

    Muzan had been vying for the retrieval of the Blue-Spider Lily, and while Kokushibo had been informed of its existence, he was never informed of its purpose and why it was needed.

    But he wasn't concerned about the flower.

    "How long has he been visiting you?" He continued to probe her, wishing to uncover just what it was that he had missed while he was gone, a part of him desperately wanting to hold onto (Y/N)—almost as if at any moment, she would somehow slip from his grasp. "How did he even find your location when I never thought about it?"

    "Your memories of this house... he must have recognized it," (Y/N) exhaled softly. "As for visitations... his first was right after you left for the first time North."

"He didn't mention that... you didn't either."

"I didn't think it was my place to speak," she lowered her gaze, fidgeting with her fingers that rested in her lap, her brows drawing together as if she were lost in thought. "And... I was afraid that if I acknowledged anything, you would be killed."

Kokushibo drew back.

That was an unexpected answer.

But all the same, it made his chest tighten.

That was the type of effect she had on him, he noted—she was able to incite the most unusual reactions from him so easily.

"Were you... worried for me?" He approached the topic almost cautiously.

"Of course. I always do."

Something shifted within that moment as soon as those words left her lips, and Kokushibo found himself lost in a sea of his own thoughts and emotions. Almost overwhelmed by his own desires, he kept his grip on (Y/N)'s body steady, her presence like a rock that allowed him to stay rooted in the raging sea of uncertainty. Pressing his lips to the soft flesh of her neck, inhaling her sweet scent, his eyes opened partially when feeling her shudder under his ghostly touches.

But she didn't push him away.

Her hand raised and brushed against his arm, as if tentatively asking a silent question.

In an instant, his lips parted to sink his teeth in her skin, the small yelp she emitted when he did sounding like sweet music to his ears, her blood warm and enriching. Sucking on her flesh, enjoying the small moans and gasps she emitted, he kept one hand firmly around her waist while the other turned her head to the side to expose more of her neck. Running his tongue over the bite mark he made, Kokushibo allowed his kisses to travel further up her jaw until they arrived at her lips.

She tasted sweet.

She tasted fresh.

She tasted completely immeasurable.

Running his hand through her hair to rest on the back of her head, wishing to deepen the kiss yet still remaining gentle, Kokushibo reluctantly parted from (Y/N) when she pushed him away slightly to catch her breath. She looked flushed from his advances, slightly panting from how needy he had been, her eyes looking at him so temptingly.

He rested his forehead against hers.

"I didn't think I was the type to lose my sanity over a mere human..." he muttered softly, his eyes practically glowing in the darkness of the room as he stared at her intensely. "My mistake."

(Y/N) didn't say anything.

Letting out a slow breath whilst closing her eyes, she allowed Kokushibo to draw her in to his chest.

As he picked her up to carry her to her futon, she expected him to leave her there before departing, but he did exactly the opposite. Laying there with her, hugging her to his huge body whilst the covers warmed them from the chill in the air, Kokushibo made no move to leave. (Y/N), licking her lips, also made no move to reject his advances, instead closing her eyes and trying to will herself to sleep.

It wasn't long before she did.

Kokushibo had no need for sleep, instead his fingers threading through her hair gently.

He stared down at her.

Mine...

つづく | to be continued