PART THREE; THE DECISION

𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー muzan kibutsuji

𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー kokushibo

    KNOWING that there was nothing she could do about her parents' deaths, (Y/N) returned to her room and fell back asleep like nothing had ever happened

    KNOWING that there was nothing she could do about her parents' deaths, (Y/N) returned to her room and fell back asleep like nothing had ever happened. When woken up the next morning to be told the unfortunate news of their passing, she pretended as if she had not known, even able to shed a fake tear or two in the process.

But she didn't have to act as if she cared.

Everyone within that household knew that her parents did nothing but abuse her.

There was no affection.

No love.

Nothing.

After the funeral and after the next head of the (L/N) name was decided—a male cousin whom (Y/N) had always been compared to—she assumed she would be cast out of the house like she expected. However, her cousin, being as so-called gracious as he was, allowed her to stay on the terms that she serve him as his personal servant.

She loathed him.

He was a man who did nothing but waste away his life with alcohol and women.

He viewed everyone as being subservient to him, and expected them to treat him as if he were a god. And while (Y/N) would never stoop so low as to serve someone like him just for a roof over her head, she still didn't have the necessary funds to move away and start a new life of her own.

She was close, though.

So close.

A week had passed, and she could practically taste her freedom.

Currently, she was in her room counting the coins that she had procured over the years, her fingers practically trembling from the pure joy she felt. Come tomorrow, she would finally be free of the (L/N) name that seemed to always drag her down, the shackle that it had on her slowly rusting away until it broke entirely. Retying the satchel filled with her money, she hid it within the drawers of her cabinet and let out a slow exhale of breath.