PART TWELVE; THE TRIP

𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー muzan kibutsuji

𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー kokushibo

    "GOOD evening, Kokushibo," (Y/N) smiled as she glanced up at the sound of the door sliding open, announcing his presence

    "GOOD evening, Kokushibo," (Y/N) smiled as she glanced up at the sound of the door sliding open, announcing his presence. "I wasn't sure you would come, but I'm glad that you did. If you wouldn't mind, would you help me carry the coal I've made down the mountain? I want to see if I can sell it."

"Coal?" Kokushibo blinked his six eyes.

"Yes—this house used to belong to a coal seller, and I've decided to take up that role as well," (Y/N) hummed as she stood up.

Kokushibo watched her.

This was something that he often did—silently gaze at her as she worked, and she had grown used to it. After Muzan had visited her about two weeks ago, he had only revealed himself once more, and silently observed her just like his first Upper Moon, but if she were being honest, the demon progenitor'a gaze was even more oppressive than Kokushibo's. So, in her mind, it was quite obvious why she didn't seem to mind Kokushibo's staring anymore.

"I plan to rent a room of one of the small inns in town after we travel down," (Y/N) continued whilst she packed, Kokushibo by then kneeling beside her. "Considering the trip is a few hours and it's so late, it'll be best if I sell this coal in the morning."

"I see," was all the demon said.

However, like always, he aided her in whatever ways he could, by the end carrying almost all of the coal whilst she only had to carry one basket.

"Are you sure it's not too heavy?" (Y/N) murmured as she watched him carry not only two baskets each in his hand, but one strapped to his back as well. "I can take one more basket so that way it's even."

"I'm fine," he responded bluntly.

"But—"

"I'm a demon," Kokushibo reaffirmed as his gaze met hers, his yellow eyes surrounded by red sclera gentle yet firm at the same time. "I can easily carry all of these baskets down the mountain at high speeds without any effort at all. The only reason I do not do so and carry you at the same time is because I believe it would be too jarring for you."