PART EIGHTEEN; THE EARRINGS

𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー muzan kibutsuji

𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー kokushibo

    "WHATEVER you need or desire, (L/N)(Y/N), I will obtain it for you," Muzan announced as they wandered through the crowd, their hands still tightly locked together, his eyes flicking from stall to stall of the market-lined streets

"WHATEVER you need or desire, (L/N)(Y/N), I will obtain it for you," Muzan announced as they wandered through the crowd, their hands still tightly locked together, his eyes flicking from stall to stall of the market-lined streets. "Like I've told you, I despise leaving a debt unpaid."

    "What if I ask for a building?" She questioned.

    "Then I will buy it."

    "You're making me believe that I can demand almost anything from you, and you will give it to me," (Y/N) chuckled softly under her breath.

    "Was there ever a moment where I made you believe I wouldn't?" He exhaled softly, as if irritated that she would think so lowly of him—as if irritated that she would ever think that he would not be able to attain for her whatever she asked for. "Ask for jewels, ask for clothes, ask for a building... whatever you want, as I've said, I will give you."

    (Y/N) lowered her gaze to the ground.

    No matter if Muzan didn't put much thought behind his words, it was enough to make her heart flutter ever so softly.

    It was a strange sensation, she noted.

    Allowing herself to browse through the multitude of shops that lined the streets, she watched the vendors in brightly-colored clothing shouting at those passing by to buy whatever it was that they were selling: woven cloth with patterns like that of the sea or of the earth, spices of all kinds that made the air smell of parsley and sage, jewels that ranged from diamonds to rubies that glittered so effortlessly in the light, cutlery and pottery and tea bowls that looked to be carved and set with a patient hand, and boundless amounts of other treasures.

    She breathed in deeply.

    Closing her eyes, the sounds of laughter and chatter, the sounds of materials clinking together, the smell of burning fire and cooking food, and the steady thrum of her heartbeat all wove together in a harmony that she felt drowned out the world.