PART NINE; THE FEAR

𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー muzan kibutsuji

𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー kokushibo

    THAT next morning after Kokushibo had asked (Y/N) to become a demon, he was gone

THAT next morning after Kokushibo had asked (Y/N) to become a demon, he was gone. While normally she would think nothing of it, she wondered if that would be the last time she would ever see him again. Considering what he revealed to her that just his presence alone could cause his master to have her killed, she wouldn't be surprised if he chose to stay away from her.

    She sat down on the porch of her small house with a cup of warm tea as she so often did, glancing to her right to where Kokushibo would sit.

    She exhaled softly.

    This is probably for the best.

A demon's presence brings only pain and suffering.

And I am done with that.

Sipping her tea to warm her bones, gazing blankly up at the lightening sky, (Y/N) wasn't sure how long she sat there in silence with only the sounds of nature accompanying her. However, as soon as her drink was finished, she stood up to clean the dish and then set to work again. Her days were normally busy, and today was no different.

She worked to clear her mind.

To find peace.

And for some reason, that day especially, she worked twice as hard.

A type of melancholic displeasure had settled its way into her heart, and the more she tried to push it away, the more it would gnaw away at her mind and heart. It forced her to question what she was doing for herself, and forced her to think about how easily she was allowing Kokushibo to leave.

Her fingers stilled from cleaning.

This is strange.

Why do I keep thinking about this?