PART SEVEN; THE MEETING

𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー muzan kibutsuji

𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 ー kokushibo

    THE moment Kokushibo found himself in the endlessly large extra-dimensional space of wooden rooms, continuous halls, and moving corridors making up the Infinity Fortress, he realized that he alone had been called on by his master

THE moment Kokushibo found himself in the endlessly large extra-dimensional space of wooden rooms, continuous halls, and moving corridors making up the Infinity Fortress, he realized that he alone had been called on by his master. He knew this because the only ones he could sense were his own, the biwa demon's, and his master's, glancing around to find himself standing horizontally on a tatami-matted floor. However, at the resounding twang of a biwa, his surroundings immediately changed where he was in one of the main areas of the Castle, wooden staircases of various sizes lined with lanterns lit with a small flame surrounding him.

    He glanced up.

    And there, standing on the ceiling of the space, was his master.

    Muzan Kibutsuji was a tall man with a lean muscular build along with an unnaturally pale complexion that could easily be confused as being unhealthy and sickly—though, that was far from the truth. Curly black hair framed his face and his sharp, almost cat-like red eyes that reflected the various vials and tubes before him that he was using to experiment with. His refined appearance corresponded with his extravagant attire which consisted of a white tie over a black dress shirt, white dress pants, and glossy black shoes.

    His expression was completely cold and detached, showcasing his ruthless demeanor that befitted his title as progenitor over all demons. He saw no value in the life of a human, and the minute value he held for his subordinates was only to the extent of how well they could serve him.

    Kokushibo knew that.

    Yet, he still followed him.

    Kneeling to the ground with one hand to the floor while the other rested on his raised knee, he then lowered his gaze out of respect for his master.

Muzan didn't say anything for a moment even after Kokushibo bowed before him, instead using a dropper to push out a red substance into a different vial of what looked to be clear liquid, the small drip echoing throughout the expansive room. Swirling the vial to mix the two liquids, he then held it up to the light, examining how it splintered and fractured through the material.