Courage, Romance, and Festivals

"A test of courage? Now?" Nagisa asks.

"Yes! What better activity for a midsummer night?" Koro-sensei says, flexing his tentacles.

"You just want to have some fun," Karma states, sitting on the floor.

"Unlike some people, I've been cooped up in a shell the whole time! On a tropical isle, of all places!" The upset octopus recalls being in his Absolute Defense Form.

"And unlike somebody, I got stabbed." Sora shot back, his hand bandaged over where Blade had skewered him.

Everyone stared at him.

"A test of courage? Could be fun!" Maehare exclaimed, changing the subject.

"Right?" Isogai agrees.

"But I don't like scary stuff," Hinano says. Sugino, Nagisa and Kayano turned to look at her.

"No sweat! Koro-sensei will be playing the ghosts," Sugino says, waving his hand dismissively.

"Oh, right!" Hinano says, relieved.

Sora narrowed his eyes at his teacher. No doubt...he was planning something.

____________________

"...I think I know what he was planning." Sora spoke, walking side-by-side with Yuki.

"Huh?" the white-haired girl replied. This did nothing but earn a sigh, courtesy of her male counterpart.

"Nothing." He responded, earning a nod from the shorter girl. "So how are you with scary stuff?"

His question expertly changed the subject. Causing Yuki to mull it over for a few seconds. "Well...I'm not great with jump scares. So I am hereby requesting permission to use you as a lifeline!"

"Even if I said no you would still do it." Sora groaned, earning a giggle from his partner.

"True." She agreed. "So what about you? What are you scared of?"

Sora froze for a moment, earning a glance from the shorter girl.

"Sora?"

"I'm afraid of loss." Sora abruptly stated, clicking his tongue and walking forward again. "I'm scared that I'll lose people again...and I won't be able to stop it."

Yuki stared at him.

"Again?"

The taller of the two bit his tongue. He'd said too much. He should have known when to shut up.

"It's nothing...can we drop it?" He requested, and surprisingly Yuki nodded.

"Sure. I'll be here to talk when you're ready." Yuki agreed, smiling up at him as she walked past.

Suddenly, three spheres of blue light appears on the sides of the cave, and a green Koro-sensei with a moustache and a beard dressed in a traditional outfit, holding a shamisen seemingly floats forward.

"Woah!" Yuki jumped, slightly startled by his sudden appearance. Meanwhile, Sora just stared at him and raised an eyebrow.

"This is a blood-drenched cave of tragedy..." Koro-sensei begins reciting in a serious tone, "where Ryukyu royalty, defeated in battle, met a violent end."

The light fades and Koro-sensei disappears.

...

"Do you think he's telling the truth-"

"No."

Then Koro-sensei appears behind them. "You must stay together. Wandering spirits will haunt to death anyone left alone!"