30

A/N: Just to clarify, as long as you all want more, I wasn't done with this story yet. I know the last chapter's end might have made it seem that way. :)

Rhysand held onto my body and I squeezed my eyes shut as he winnowed us. I fought the nausea that threatened to rise from the rapid movement. The moment we arrived at our destination, Rhys fell to his knees on the floor of what looked like a beautiful town home, decorated with extravagant art and furniture pieces that were both unique and stunning. My head spun with the reality of the last hour of my life. I had died. Then I was brought back by the High Lords as fae. Something I had no idea how to be. But that wasn't my focus in that moment, not when Rhysand released a broken, cracking sound from his throat before he was setting me on my feet and bolting across the room, tackling a huge male frame. The man had huge demonic horn-tipped wings exploding from his back.

The other male was a few inches taller than Rhys and had longer hair, too. But they had the same tan skin, Rhysand's paler from being underground for so long. They were both crying as they fiercely hugged one another, murmuring to each other something too quiet for me to understand.

"RHYS?!" Screeched a blonde from the doorway. She dropped the glass of wine from her hand, the glass shattering on the floor and red liquid pouring out like blood onto the pristine floor. But she didn't even think twice about it before she was wrestling her way in between Rhysand and the male he'd been hugging.

"Hi, cuz," Rhys tried to smile, but ended up morphing to a frown as he sobbed. I wanted to hold him, but knew he needed this moment to just be with his family.

"You stupid bat," the blonde cried into his shoulder. "I have thought about you every single day since you've been gone." Rhys hugged her tighter, softly whispering to her that he missed her, too. It clicked in my mind that these were the people I'd seen in my dream, looking through the outside of a snow-drenched cabin. Had that been Rhysand's memory? He'd always said it was like I was screaming my thoughts at him. Was that him screaming his at me?

"Az!!! Get your ASS IN HERE!!" The one with the long hair bellowed, and within moments, another winged male slid into the room on his socks, nearly falling in the process. This one was startlingly beautiful. Inhumanely attractive.

"What the hell," the beautiful one gasped, wrapping his arms around Rhysand and hugging him so tightly that he wheezed. Whoever these people were, Rhysand meant this much to them. It made me feel reassured in my beliefs that he had more to offer than being an evil henchmen for someone actively sexually assaulting him.

A short girl with cropped dark hair emerged from the living room, with a glass of wine to match the one now shattered on the floor of the townhouse. She raised a brow, the corner of her mouth twitching ever-so-slightly.

"It's good to see you, High Lord," she purred, and Rhys grinned. He pulled her into an unwanted hug, patting her head affectionately. She all but hissed as she stiffened and pulled away.

"It's good to see you, too, Amren," Rhys sighed happily.

"Uh, Rhys, who..." The blonde one quizzed, looking over at me. My cheeks heated as the attention of the entire room was turned to shine on me. Rhysand walked to my side, lacing his fingers through mine as he stood in solidarity with me.

"This," Rhysand said softly, "is my mate, Feyre." Mate? Was this what he'd promised to explain later? Oh gods have mercy. It was so much to take in. The blonde smacked a hand over her mouth with a dramatic gasp, and the two winged men whooped and cackled, smacking Rhys on the back playfully. The short dark-haired girl watched with an amused glimmer in her eyes.

"Oh, we have a lot to discuss," she narrowed her eyes at Rhysand.

He nodded like this had been more than expected from her. I bit my bottom lip to hide my smile.