31

"Respectfully, Rhysand, if you don't get your ass out of bed I'm coming in there and I'm laying right in the middle of the two of you and I'm going to make it really awkward," Cassian shouted through the door, banging on it again with his fist. Rhysand groaned beside me, rolling onto his back and blinking rapidly to clear his vision before squinting at the clock that let the both of us know we had slept well into the evening.

"Fuck," Rhys groaned, burying his face in the pillow.

"I will pick this lock," Cassian warned.

"Give me a minute," Rhys yelled back at him through the door.

"I've given you almost the full day," Cassian yelled back. "You have five minutes."

Rhys rolled over to look at me, a sleepy grin on his face before he wrapped his arm around my back and pulled me on top of him. I giggled, straddling his hips with my thighs as I leaned forward and pressed a kiss to his lips.

He moaned, opening his mouth to deepen the kiss, allowing his tongue to caress my own. Goosebumps erupted against my body and I felt heat swirl low in my belly. He placed a hand at the base of my spine, causing me to rub myself against him, feeling that he was already hard beneath me.

"Mmm, goodmorning," he murmured against my lips.

"I love waking up like this with you," I whispered back to him.

"I love the feeling of you against me being the way I wake up," he agreed, pushing his hand against my ass in a way that had me grinding into him again. I chuckled, burying my face in his neck. "Unfortunately I know Cass well enough to know he is in fact not joking about coming in here."

I groaned against his neck, pressing kisses and sucking at his skin. His fingers knitted in my hair to hold me against him as he let out a breathy moan. The sound in my ear sent a shiver down my spine. Gods, he just felt so good-

"HURRY UP, ASSHOLE!" Cassian shouted again.

I groaned, rolling off of Rhysand and onto my back. I took a breath before launching myself up and going to get dressed. He followed suit after taking a few extra moments to watch me as I got dressed, a smug smirk painting his lips.

Once we were clothed, he lead me down the hall and into the main living room, a fire roaring and his friends all laughing and talking with glasses of red wine in their hands. The moment they noticed us, they fell silent. I swallowed awkwardly, not sure what to do with myself.

"Goodmorning," Rhys smiled. They rolled their eyes.

"Not like it's been 50 years or anything," Morrigan arched a brow. I chewed my bottom lip. I wasn't sure what their dynamic was, so I had no clue what response to expect from Rhysand's mouth.

"I've missed your fussing over me," he grinned, walking to where she sat on the couch and pressing a kiss to her cheek. She pretended to be disgusted, but her smile was unmistakable.

"Feyre, come sit," Morrigan said cheerily, patting the seat on the couch next to her. With a sheepish smile, I obliged her. The couch was incredibly soft and comfortable, and like everything else here, looked entirely more luxurious than anything I'd ever experienced.

"Do you need anything? Some wine?" She asked me.

"Wine would be great."

Seeming to like my answer, she happily poured a large glass for me and I took it from her, taking a sip and humming at the taste of it. It seemed Morrigan knew what she was doing when it came to wine.

Rhysand was cackling as he sat with Azriel and Cassian, the three of them having a very animated conversation. Seeing him like this made my heart squeeze in my chest. He was so lively and charming. There was no remnants of the man who was so feared under the mountain. He had shown this side of himself when we were alone, sure, but I'd never seen it in a social setting. My eyes were so drawn to him. Everything he did was so captivating.