Chapter 2

The next morning I woke up rubbing my eyes I checked the time it was 6 in the morning I tried to sit up but felt a warm arm around me pulling me closer I turned to face him I moved his hair to show his face i got closer and whisper " I better get going, I'll see you " I kissed him.I sat up and put on my jacket and shoes I walked out the front door

I got breakfast ready for my mom and sister, I made mom's ready to go because she works early at the governor's office. As Naomi came down  for breakfast I was reading my book " Did Mom Leave Yet?"Naomi asked while pouring herself a glass of water " Yeah she had to leave early " I said. I took a bite out of my toast after I put my plate into the sink.

I headed outside to the garden I finished reading my book as Finnick walked over " Morning Nevaeh " he took a sit on the ground next to me "Morning Finn, if you're hungry there's some food in the kitchen, help yourself "  as he went inside, I was looking at the flowers.

As Finnick came back out with an apple, we both walked around town and we met up with Casey at the lake along with a few other people from school Casey saved me a spot next to him, l watched the fish swimming around in the water.

Then We all jumped in, raced each other, and fished, " I gotta check on my sister " I explained as I got out of the water and dried off i walked back home and Naomi was playing with a dog she found she decided on keeping Him " I'm going to call you Coral " she said petting him " Coral, are you sure " I chuckled " it was either that or Bubbles " we both laughed.

" Coral, I like it," I said as he licked my face Coral seemed to like his name he had the softest blonde fur "Does mom know? " I asked "Not yet, I'm sure as soon as she sees his face she'll have to let me keep him" she explained I shrugged my shoulders as if to say maybe?, we spent the afternoon outside playing with Coral.

" ok mom should be home soon I'm heading out," I said walking out the door, I walked into town i ran into Casey we both raced down to the docks and we both jumped in the water

After a while we both dried off he handed me a water bottle I was following his eyes I turned my head to see what he was looking at, and I noticed all the capital cars filled with peace-keepers, I tried to cheer him up by giving him the food I made earlier I packed him some seaweed and some of the fish we caught.

his face lit up as he offered me a small peace "You're sweet but I already ate with Naomi " I spoke, and he smiled. I was looking at the water and the waves " What are you thinking about " he asked. After a few seconds, I looked up at him "You really want to know "I added looking at his blue eyes, "Yeah I really do, you know you can always talk to me" he stated.

Sighing I look at the water "I'm afraid if any of us get reaped, I don't what I would do if..."I explained I looked at him he was nodding his head as if he was agreeing with me" I get it, but we don't need to worry our names are in there only 5 times just like the others our age they won't pick us, " he said reassuring.

"If I do get reaped..."I added, he shooked his head "You won't "he gently grabbed my face
"No, I need you to listen to me, if I get reaped,
and you don't " I spoke as I looked into his blue eyes "then I'll volunteer" he blurted out

" what, no, I couldn't ask that of you, I can't imagine both of us, if it came down to us  I can't even think about it, listen I don't want you to Volunteer, I need you, and Finnick both to please take care of Naomi, can you do that for me "I requested he looked puzzled "Yeah, I'll watch over Naomi for you " he added.

I laid my head on his shoulder
"hey, we still have today," he spoke, we walked back to his house and in the backyard he made a fire and we watched the moon and the stars for what felt like Hours.

Before it got too late he walked me back home he kissed me goodnight as I walked in I noticed Naomi sound asleep on the couch I grabbed an extra blanket from my room and I laid down next to her I covered us and went to bed.