Chapter 13

One year later.

The past year was pure bliss for Casey and me, until this year's reaping, the year that changed everything.

I was in my garden when I heard something in the distance, I saw Finnick and Annie running to Mag's house I quickly followed, when I ran inside Finnick was helping her, while Annie called a doctor, we were standing outside to give the doctors room. " she suffered a stroke, but she'll be fine, she sleeping right now, we won't know anything until she wakes up" the doctor spoke.

" Poor Mags" Annie added while holding hands with Finnick.  " I'm glad you two got there in time," I said, they walked me home. Casey was reading in bed "How's Mags" he asked me i told him what the doctors said, "I know how much you all love Mags" he spoke, I rested my head on his chest "Yeah, we would all be lost without her " I added, He continued to read out loud then after a while we both fell asleep.

When I woke up and got ready for the day I went on my morning run, Finnick joined me and we trained by the docks, we both stopped and saw a few Hovercrafts flying around " Reaping day tomorrow " he added i was rubbing my eyes, we both noticed Casey and Annie were Sparring. After we all went swimming Finnick and Annie were trying to see who could hold their breaths underwater the longest.

Casey and I sat on the docks. We both noticed more peacekeepers in town, and he was playing with my hair." I wish I knew how to comfort you " he told me "You being here with me is more than enough" I assured him, and we spent the rest of the afternoon swimming then Casey and I both dried off, and we walked home.

I went to my family for dinner, I told Casey he was more than welcome but he assured me that he was fine skipping dinner. " do you and Finn have to leave tomorrow? " Naomi asked, looking at me with her big blue eyes, I got under the covers with her and I was playing with her hair "We have to, but I promise we will be back " I added, I stayed a while longer, just long enough till Naomi fell asleep, When I returned home Casey was reading a book while sitting on the couch, and we both got ready for bed.

The next morning we made our way to the square, I walked to the stage with the other Victors, and Nova came out covered in butterflies after the mayor.  "Happy Hunger Games, and may the odds be ever in your favor," Nova said in a singing voice, then after we all watched the film, Nova walked over to the bowls of names, she took her time picking and reading out the names.

She finally returned to the mic and tapped it gently, as she cleared her throat " Annie Cresta " Nova spoke.

My eyes grew wide and quickly darted in her direction, and then my attention switched over to Finnick, I felt bad for them both, I was watching Finnick closely he was about to make a scene, luckily for him another Victor an older man stopped him from making that mistake, He held him back.

As Annie made her way to the stage, Nova motioned for her to hurry, " time for the boys " Nova added as she walked over to the bowels of names on her left, she finished picking one as she returned to the mic, my attention was still on Finn, "Henrick, Ambrose " she said, as Henrick was walking to the stage he was being escorted by Peacekeepers then we all heard a loud voice in the crowd.

" I Volunteer As Tribute! ".