(Act 2, The Victor) Chapter 10

While in the aircraft i saw peacekeepers and doctors waiting for me, all the adrenalin I felt; gone, it left me in only pain, I sat down and my leg hurt, the doctors looked at me they put an ice pack on, and they wrapped my leg, " it's a broken leg " i heard one of the doctors spoke.

Another doctor shined a light in my eyes, "She has a slight Concussion, ", after a few minutes we landed, the doors opened, I saw Cove, Finnick and Nyx. as Finnick helped me to my feet, he gave me a big hug, and i sware i could see his eyes water, after being looked at my more doctors i was told that i needed a lot of rest and to stay off my leg, they put me in some kind of cast.

I was in so much pain they gave me Med's to make me sleep as i woke up, Finnick stayed with me" Morning " he said, it looked he hadn't sleep in days " tonight you have an interview with Caesar, you'll just go over your games, just be yourself, but i need to tell you something " he spoke. I looked down to mess with my IV then I looked back up at him.

" what, you can tell me anything," i added he sighed and looked at me with a look of pure fear," i helped you and i told you how to play the games and get sponsors, but I didn't tell you what happens after you win" he held my hand  " in the capital, the President says that certain Victors are deemed desirable by the capital Citizens, and he says it's our job to entertain them " He stated.

I jerked my hand away "what?, that's disgusting, what if we say no" i asked he looked at me with watery eyes " then he will use your loved one against you, he will threaten you and everyone you ever loved  "He trembled.

After a day in the Hospital, as i was getting out  I was surrounded by cameras and the people of the capital. I walked back into my old apartment, it felt wrong, i didn't like being there without Emmett.

I took a seat on the couch and Cove and Nova came in " ok let's practuse for your interview with Caeser, then we need to get you ready, " Nova spoke, later that night i was getting dressed and Nyx was doing my Hair. he put me in Gorgeous pantsuit.  

I was backstage with Finnick and Cove "Remember, be yourself " Cove told me, FInnick gave me a wink and I was following someone to the main stage "Ladies and Gentlemen, the winner of the 68th Hunger Games, " he beamed I waved to the crowd, I took ...

I was backstage with Finnick and Cove "Remember, be yourself " Cove told me, FInnick gave me a wink and I was following someone to the main stage "Ladies and Gentlemen, the winner of the 68th Hunger Games, " he beamed I waved to the crowd, I took my seat, I Zooned out mentally, I was just nodding my head not paying attention, I let Caesar do most of the talking and I think he could tell i wanted for this to be over already. So he kept it short and sweet and before I knew it I was done. I then waited to Crownd by Snow.

As he was placing the crown on me I could smell the flower on his jacket, it was too much, the smell burned my nose, i try my best to hide my cringing face " as I'm sure Mr Odair has already told you by now, all Victors have to keep the Capitol Citizens entertained" he insisted.

He looked at me Yes he let me in on what you have them do, so you want us to be your slaves, well I'm not the one, I won't live like that "I ordered.

He came closer and smirked "it'll be such a shame if anything was to happen to your poor father' he whispered " what are you talking about, my father's been dead for months "I added, I looked at him confused.

he smirked " if you like to know more, I'll be glad to answer all of you're questions, in do time" he remarked. As he walked off.

I walked off stage I want back to the apartment to pack,while on the trian  I noticed Finn walk past my room, I motioned for him to come closer " What's up " he asked, he looked worried " when I was talking to Snow he said something about my dad still being alive, he can't be, right" I asked.

He looked as confused as me 'your dad died in that boat Accident I thought, " he added we both exchanged looks,  I was pacing around the room " does he know where my father is "I trembled he took a seat on my bed "I don't know, but if he does he will use him to hurt you " he added "he said if I wanted to know more. He has the answers" i spoke.

He was nodding his head trying to figure out what snow could possibly mean," look it's getting late get some sleep, and we will talk when we get to Victor's village " he assured me, he kissed my forehead and walked to his room.

that night i had adream i was back in the games, i kept seeing Emmett and Linin and i heard Dinem's screaming ringing in my ears, i could still Flora pinning me down, as soon as i woke up i seen Finnick next to me, he was holding me, the doors opened and Cove ran in, she looked at me then at Finnick.

" the first few weeks are always the worst," they said at the same time Cove walked back to her room, and FInnick sat up "Could you stay with me" I asked he looked at me and nodded his head he got under the covers, we both went back to sleep.

When I woke up Finnick wasn't there I stretched out my arms and walked into the kitchen where everyone was eating, I got a plate filled it with fruit and bread, and sat next to the window, when I finally got home I smiled and waved to the camerasz

after I walked inside my home I ran into my mother's arms, there were no cameras here , I let all of the emotions I've been bottling up and I let the tears fall, she was comforting me running her fingers through my hair and I wiped my tears with the back off my hands, Naomi gave me a hug then coral jumped on me and began to like my face.

The doors opened and Casey ran into my arms, he hald me and he grabbed my face gently, he helped me pack, Finnick came by to help also, he showed us around Victor's village, arm and arm with Annie.

they both helped us move in, and later that night we want in my new backyard, my mom made my Favorite; shrimp, and Finnick was introdusing me to the other Victors. " are you sure, i don't mind staying with you," Finnick asked i gave him a hug "i'll be fine" i lied, but i didn't want to take Finnick from Annie, she just got hime back.

After dinner i went to my new room, my first night back home, i had a hard time sleeping, i heard tapping on my window I let casey in he got under the covers and he pulled me closer to him, he didn't say a word which i appreciated i liked that he was here, when i woke up from another bad dream he was right there.

Casey's  POV

When i saw her i ran into her arms, later that night she let me in to her new house i got under her covers and she want back to sleep, after a half hour i woke up i watched her she was having a bad dream as she screamed I was holding her.

Gina and Naomi came running in the room, as soon as Gina saw me she know Nevaeh was in good hands and she and Naomi want back to sleep.

I ran my fingers through her hair "Hey, shh, it's alright, i right here , i got you, your safe now "i Assured her she was really shaken up but she looked at me and she nodded her head and quickly want back to sleep.

I woke up early i want on run and FInnick joined me " how is she " Finnick asked I stopped to catche my breath " she's having nightmares, i don't know how to help her," i added he nodded his head " i get it, it's heard, remember i told you, these games change you, you just have to be patient with her " he spoke we finished our run and reteund to Nevaeh's house for breakfast, i spent the whole day with Nevaeh i didn't want leave her side.