Chapter 12

I had a nightmare, in my dream all I could see was my dad being tortured. I felt someone's hands on me i jumped up and I pinned them down on the floor, i grabbed whatever was close to me, i held a pen to the person's throat i quickly snapped out of it, i saw Finnick gasping for air, i helped him up" i'm so sorry" i said.

his neck was all red. He nodded his head "It's ok, you know i could help you, i have an extra room in my house, it'll be only temporary just so i can help you, Annie and i will both be there," he spoke. I sat down and rubbed my eyes. "I'll think about it, " I added.

I let out a sigh, and then we all ate breakfast together, shortly after we were on the Trains back home.

my father and I were using Sign language, which both of my parents taught me and my little sister, we spent all day on the train so we were catching up, and the next day we finally made it back.

We both walked back home. My mom and sister both ran into my father's arms. After a few minutes, I watched Naomi walk to the kitchen. She was fighting back tears. I held her in my arms.

A few days later

Today was Reaping Day for the 69th Hunger Games, last night Naomi and I slept with our parents like when we were little. I remember the night before my first reaping, that was the night of my first of many panic attacks, I still could feel my mom dabbing a cool towel on my neck and my dad rubbing my back.

I could tell Naomi was afraid I was there with her while she slept I didn't know what to say to make her feel better, so we both laid there not saying anything, we could hear our mom snoring, early in the morning we all headed to the Square I kissed Naomi on her forehead, as i made my way up to the stage with the other victors I could see Casey and Naomi in the crowds.

And as Nova came out, this time dressed like a peacock, she was in an all-green dress with green makeup to match. As the film finished, Nova made her way to the bowls of names to read out the death sentence, I began to hold my breath.

As she finished reading the names I let out a sigh of Relief, Casey and Naomi were safe, I still felt for the tributes though, it was a boy no older than 15 he had a head full of curly blond hair, and he had sea green eyes, and the young girl who was only 13, she had straight jet black hair and deep piercing blue eyes.

After the reaping, I came to say goodbye to my family. Then I met up with Finnick at the trains "Remember, we will try and help them, but... just don't get too attached, it's going to be hard." he explained I nodded my head.

Over the next week, we both trained with our tributes one-on-one so there was nothing else we could do, we both told them what helped us, how to get sponsors, prepped them for their interviews, told them about making allies, and what they should expect for the games.

The games themselves came and went by pretty quickly, and when our tributes didn't return, I'll admit, I was sad. I know what Finn said but I couldn't help it. I left to get some air, Finnick came outside to comfort me, we didn't say anything we sat there in silence.

later that night while in the apartment I heard a knock at the door everyone else went to their rooms. So I answered the door it was Seneca he came by to check up on me, and he invited himself in "I'm sorry about your tributes" he said, we walked over to the couch "Thanks, I don't think I like being a mentor though," I added he nodded his head as I offer him a drink.

As I took my seat he moved closer to me, he put his drink down on the table, cleared his throat, and began to try and touch my leg. I quickly got up and made myself another drink, "I'm sorry ' he spoke softly as he quickly got up, I know Snow is not going to like this, but Crane's a nice guy and he needed to know the truth so I ran after him were both in the elevator, "you deserve to know the truth, I have a boyfriend, Snow wanted me to get close to you, or else he had other plains for me, your a really nice guy and I couldn't keep lying to you "I blurted out

He took a step back and took a deep breath, he looked at me" Wait, what do you mean Snow had other plains for you," he asked.

Sighing I turned to face him " Snow says that certain Victors are deemed desirable and that it's our job to entertain the wealthy capital citizens" i added he held my hand ' what if you say no " he said while pinning a strand of my hair behind my ear. With tears in my eyes," i said no once, and he turned my father into an avox" he pulled me in for a hug, i quickly wiped my tears.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that," he looked at the floor for a few seconds thinking to himself. "This boyfriend of yours, he's a lucky guy" he spoke softly as he brought me in for a hug, The next morning Finnick and I went home.

Casey's POV

I said goodbye to Nevaeh and Finnick. Later that night i went night fishing with Henrick and Annie, later Naomi joined us we caught a lot of fish, we spent the rest of the night selling the fish. Henrick and I both walked the girls home, i walked home to find my mom asleep on the couch i put a blanket on her. I want to my room to go to sleep.

a week later We watched the games together at my house and after I was training with Henrick down by the docks. Later Annie and Naomi came by We watched the sunset.

A few days later.

I walked over to Nevaeh's house, and I saw her parents in the kitchen, i stayed up all night practicing my sign language I asked if I could marry Their daughter, and they both looked shocked and happy and her dad signed yes and Gina gave me a hug. I walked over to the docks, Nevaeh comes home tomorrow, so i will ask her that night, i thought to myself. I asked Naomi and Annie to help we walked around town getting stuff ready for my proposal, i left everything in my room and I waited I was excited I couldn't sleep.

Early in the morning, I walked over to the trains to welcome Nevaeh and Finnick home, while Nevaeh was spending time with her family, I spent my day putting everything together for tonight.

I got dressed up, and together we walked to a beautiful garden where I set up a nice moonlight picnic with all our favorite foods, after catching up, I helped her to her feet and we went for a walk around the garden "Listen I know the world isn't perfect, but I do know my world is, we could get through anything, and I don't want to waste any more time" I said as I got on my knee I pulled out a ring, and she said yes.

_______________________________________________________________________________

After Finnick and I returned home I was greeted by all my loved ones, while with my family I didn't see much of Casey, Naomi and Annie assured me that he was fine and not to worry.

Later that night Casey surprised me, and he asked me to marry him, I said yes, it was a lovely proposal and we began the planning, and as Casey said, I also didn't want to waste any more time either. We were married two months later.

We had a beautiful wedding by the water, there was a net woven from long grass that covered us during our vows, and we touched each other's lips with salt water. And it was everything i wanted for my dream wedding I even wore my mom's old wedding dress, my parents were happy about that, we danced and at that moment I was the happiest person on earth.

Drowning (A Hunger Games FanFic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara