Chapter 8

As I rose up from the platform, I was greeted by a sheet of snow on the ground it was freezing I looked around, and I saw all the other tributes, ready and out for blood No one dared to move from their podiums and the countdown began

10.

9.  I looked around and noticed Emmett a few tributes down he nodded his head

8.

7.

6.  I also noticed the cornucopia in the center with all of the weapons and the rest of the supplies

5. I got myself ready I was in a running position

4.

3.

2.

1.

The cannon went off I jumped off the podium and I made my way over to the Cornucopia I dodged an ax. thrown at me by the girl from 7, as I ducked down I was on the snow my hands were cold, I frantically grabbed the closest thing next to me, a Spear I got back up and the girl from 7 was charging at me. I threw it my hardest and it landed in her chest. Her district partner was ready to avenge her he came charging at me with another Ax I grabbed a knife off the ground and I finished him off.

I ran and I was back-to-back with Jewel. We watched over each other as Flora and Nexus were frantically grabbing any and everything that they could carry. I see the girl from 9 running at us with a knife. I grabbed an Ax and I threw it, I saw it went right to her head after the boys found us we were off.

I quickly picked up a belt of knives, I pulled the spear out of the girl's chest and I caught up with the others. After the bloodbath, the cannons went off one by one, "1... 2.. 3.. 4.. 5.."

" I counted 5 " Shine spoke up he was looking around " I did too " I agreed, trying to slow my breathing. Ty was squeezing my shoulders "You just killed 3 tributes " he spoke. " Damn 4, your ruthless," Shine said,  We were walking in the snow trying to find shelter after an hour we set up camp for the night " I'll get the fire started, "Chip said and Nexus went to help him " I'll go bring some wood, Emmett do want to come," I asked he nodded his head we walked in the snow we found some more wood "after tonight we should leave, " he says I nodded my head in agreement.

After we made our way back to camp we started going through the bags we had, there was rope, extra clothes, and some food that we all shared, later that night I was trying to get comfortable, and Emmett moved next to me "alright I guess I'll take first watch " Chip said, Emmett and I exchange looks.

As Chip spoke we heard the Panem Anthem play and we watched as we saw the fallen tributes pictures in the sky. The pare from 5, and the pare from 7 and lastly the girl from 9. That night I was trying to keep warm and Emmett wrapped his blanket around us.

________________________________
Day 2
I didn't get much sleep, Chip walked over to us, "Your turn to keep watch" Chip said, I nodded my head, I turned around to wake up Emmett and we sat up and kept watch, I held my necklace and I thought of home when I closed my eyes I was home with my mom, sister, Casey, and Finnick. I moved closer to Emmett  He'd handed me an extra pair of gloves and together we watched the sunrise.

After the rest of the Career's woke up, we shared the rest of the food from the bag "Who else is left" Ty asked as he was restarting the fire "The boy from 9 will be targeting us for killing his district partner, the rest of them are in pairs we take them out one by one" Shine added

" who's our biggest threat? " Jewel asked "Probably 6 " Nexus added as she was warming up her hands by the fire, " I think we should find the Boy form 9 and finish him off, then we should just follow any footprints we see in the snow, " Emmett said we all agreed and we started following the snowy trail. we heard