Chapter 4(Casey's POV)

As I heard her name called I wanted nothing more than to take her place, but I remembered our conversation from last night, it was as if she knew and already accepted her faith. "It's ok " she mouthed, the boy standing next to me was called and I watched as the peacekeepers rushed them both into the Justice building and everybody cleared the square.

I went and looked for Finnick I noticed him walking towards the trains" Finn, please, you have to protect her" I pleaded he stopped to face me "Of course, Nevaeh is like a little sister to me, but I'm not going to make any promises, I can help her get sponsors and train, but when it all comes down to it, in that arena, my hands are tied, and even if she does win" he stopped to think." she's not going to be the same, the games, it changes you, they just want a show, it's all they want, and I hate to say it but the capital is going to ask her to do, Certain things, and I'll be damnd if I let her go through what I went through, I'm going to let you in on something" Finnick spoke.

I Hesitate" What is it" I asked, he looked at me, "Believe me when I tell you, I'm trying to protect her, trust me, what I've got plan, it will help her in the long run," he spoke.

"Finnick, we are both wanted on the trains" Nova spoke and they both left.

What did Finnick mean, I thought to myself, I walked into the Justice building and noticed Mrs. Levan and Naomi walking out. Mrs. Levan hugged me " She's looking for you " she spoke and I walked in and went to open the door.

I ran into her arms " you're going to be just fine, you know why, because you're smart, cunning, resourceful, you have what it takes to win this thing" I assured her and she smiled, and I noticed a tear fall from her cheek, I pull her closer and lift my hand to wipe it away gently I feel around in my pockets and I remember "I don't know if your mom already gave you a token, but unm" I stammered "I want you to have this, so you can have a little peace of District 4" I added as I handed her a necklace.

And as the peacekeepers showed me out "I love you Nevaeh Levan" I shouted

She smiled at me "And I love you Casey Evert' she blurted and I smiled ear to ear as I walked over to the train station where I met with Nevaeh's family and together we watched them leave for the capital.

we walked back to the house "Casey dear, you are welcome to stay as long as you like" Mrs. Levan spoke "Thank you Mrs. Levan" I added she looked at me "Call me, Gina" she beamed, I walked outside to Neomi playing with her dog " what's your dog's name" I asked she looked up at me" Coral " she spoke I bent down to pet him.

We went for a walk, all three of us and I picked up a Stick and threw it, Coral ran after it only to return a few seconds later all out of breath Neomi giggled as she ran after him, later that night Gina made some fish, and we ate outside as we watched the sunset all pink and blue with hints of purple, all I could think about was Nevaeh " you think they're at the capital by now" Neomi spoke and  we all exchanged looks "i don't know hun, it's not far from District 4 though" Gina added

We walked inside and I helped Gina with the dishes, as I returned to the kitchen I could hear sobbing, I walked in and I just hugged her, and she cried in my arms. "She's going to win, and she's coming back home, we all knew she could take care of herself, we got to be strong for her" I assured.  She nodded and wiped her tears "You know I'm glad Nevaeh has someone like you" she added later that night  we all went to sleep and as I slept on the couch all night I had nightmares about Nevaeh so I didn't get much sleep.