Chapter 3

I woke up and I took a look at the clock it's 4 am i walked back to my room as I got into bed i hear tapping on my window I go to look and it's Casey I quickly open it for him and he climbed through he laid down right next to me we both quickly went back to sleep.

As I woke up Casey was playing with my hair I can feel him trying to set up" are you leaving?" I asked groggy " I Better get back before my parents notice I'm not home, hey everything's going to be fine, I'll come find you after the Reaping ok" he explained as he kissed me I nodded my head.

After he left I couldn't go back to sleep. I was up, so I went downstairs to start on breakfast. I bring Mom and Naomi their food to the couch after we all started to get ready.

As we made our way to the town square Naomi was holding my hand she Squeezed it gently I reassured her she's fine and to go line up with the other 14-year-old girls " I'll see you after ok" I spoke as I hugged her.

I made my way over to stand with the other 16-year-old girls I scanned the boy's side for Casey I spotted him right away I looked forward and I noticed Finnick standing on stage as the mayor read all of the names of the Previous Victors of District 4.

as the Mayor gives the same boring old speech about the rebellion, etc etc after the mayor shows the same old film from the capital the district's escort comes up she is shiny and sparkly with crazy makeup "Happy hunger games, and may the odds be ever in your favor, " she said as she adjusted her hair " As always, lady's first, " she went on she walks to her left and picked a random paper.

with each passing minute, I could feel my heart beating faster as she took her time she grabbed the paper and returned to the mic she opened it and read the name.

she taps the mic and clears her throat "Nevaeh Levan " she says into the mic and at that moment I felt like I was moving in slow motion my whole body was shaking with fear but I Remember This was going to be filmed all of the other tributes are going to see this And broadcast to the capital and I wasn't going to give them the satisfaction I wasn't going to let them put fear in my heart so I took a deep breath and stood up straight and puffed up my chest and made my way to the stage.

As I made my way to the stage I mouthed "It's ok" to Naomi and Casey "Now time For the boys "The district's escort spoke. She went to the bowl of names on the right she finished picking a paper, As she made her way to the mic she took her time reading the name and I was Mentally checked out " Emmett Voss" she said into the mic.

I watched Emmett walk up on stage and the district escort motioned for both of us to come closer " Our tributes from District 4 " she gleamed and we were quickly moved by peacekeepers into the Justice building where Emmett and I were led into separate rooms I was pacing around the room when the doors opened and it's my mom and sister.

" are you ok" Naomi asked "How are you feeling " Mom added I was trying to slow my breathing " I'm fine, hey Naomi don't cry, look at me, I'm going to win ok, it's just a couple days, I'll be back home soon, " I hugged her tightly " you will " she bellowed as I wiped her tears away.

I nod my head "Hey I want you to look after Mom while I'm gone ok, can you do that for me " I asked she nodded I pulled her in for one last hug, "honey why don't you wait outside for me ok" mom asked then Naomi walked out.

" ohh sweetheart, my sweet girl, I'm so sorry" she went on hugging me tightly "Mom I'll be fine, it's not your fault, umm I asked Casey and Finnick to check up on you guys and to look after you, "I added she smiled and nodded her head " be safe, I know you can do this, I love you so much Nevaeh" she said while holding on to me we both hear the doors open and peacekeepers show her out.

A few minutes passed and the doors opened again Casey runs into my arms "You're going to be just fine, you know why, because you're smart, cunning, resourceful you have what it takes to win this thing" He told me.

I nodded my head and smiled. I didn't speak I just wanted to hear his voice, and a part of me just didn't know what to say so I looked into his eyes. I knew I could always find comfort in those deep blue eyes. I can feel a single tear falling down my cheek. He brings me in close and wipes it away. He gently touches my face and leans In to kiss me.

He reached into his pocket "I don't know if your mom already gave you a token, but umm, I want you to have this, so you can have a little peace of District 4" he said as he handed me a necklace

And as the peacekeeper approaches to show him out " I love you, Nevaeh Levan !" He blurted out I smiled " And I love you Casey Evert" I confessed I saw the way his face lit up when I said it.

Emmett and I were both led to the train on our way to the capitol. Emmett grabbed some sweets from the table and took a seat next to the window.

I was pacing around the train trying to clear my mind " Nevaeh, if you could take a seat love, you're making me nervous' ' Emmett teased while sipping his drink.

I gave a half smile and grabbed a handful of sweets and as I took my seat, I noticed the doors opened and I saw Finnick. At that moment I wanted to jump into his arms, maybe later I thought to myself. Nova joins us.

For the rest of the ride we talked about strategies and Finnick explained how to get sponsors and what to expect for the games.