Chapter 11

6 months later

" Panem today, Panem tomorrow, Pamen always, "I said while reading from the cards Nova gave me; today was the start of my Victory tour. We traveled to District 12 after I met with the Mayor and their only Known Victor, Haymitch. " that was good Nevaeh, soon we will be back in District 4 before you know it " Cove told me.

As I was walking I heard footsteps "That was a nice speech, sweetheart" he said, his breath smelled of alcohol, I felt his hot breath on my skin, "Haymitch, i see you've met our newest Victor, " Finnick added " nice to meet you" I spoke Finn took my hand and we took our seats  together. 

After a few weeks we were back at the capital where I was invited to a party. In Snow's house, I was Approached by an avox. She handed me a note, Meet me in my study- Snow.

I followed the Avox inside the house while on our way. I noticed Finnick talking to an older lady who was on his arm. She had on too much makeup. He was watching me, after a few seconds he quickly switched his attention back to the older lady on his arm.

I walked into the house i took a deep breath and i knocked on the doors, it opened and there he was by the huge windows, "so you wish to know more about your father," he asked as he was playing with a Bouquet of white flowers i nodded my head. " I'm afraid you're too late my dear," he spoke. He motioned his hand to the peacekeepers to open the doors, they dragged in a man who was all bloody, and I noticed a birthmark on his arm, it was my father.

I ran into his arms, he tried to speak but he couldn't. He pointed to his mouth and as he opened, to show me what they did. Tears fall down my cheeks, at that moment I wanted to kill everyone in that room, I wanted to pin Snow's head on a spike, my Blood was boiling. Snow, that monster. I thought to myself. My dad wiped my tears away " Now you know what happens when Victor acts out " he Smirked, I wanted to walk up and slap him, but my dad held me back.

"I'll let him go back with you, if you could get close to a certain Gamemaker, as you know your games were Gaul's last time as head Gamemaker, this year it's a man by the name of Seneca Crane if you could get him to act accordingly, your father's free to go, " he ordered, with my father in my arms, i nodded my head. he left, the doors closed and it was just me and my dad and we both broke down.

After a few minutes, I helped him to his feet, and I heard the doors open Again " I Get it Snow, you made yourself very clear "I huffed, I turned around and Finnick and Cove were there, " Snow made him an Avox, and it's all my fault" I trembled, my dad shook his head. He wiped my tears away.

" you better get back to the party, we will get your father back to the apartment," Finnick said. Cove and my Dad both nodded their heads. I gave my dad one more hug, he ran his fingers through my hair " Go with Finn and Cove, I'll meet you in the apartment, okay " I told him he kissed my forehead and nodded his head then Finnick and Cove both helped him to his feet. After a few seconds, I took a deep breath and walked out of the room.

I returned to the party, I grabbed a drink off one of the serving plates the Avoxs were walking around with. it made me feel all kinds of guilt, what did my father go through as an Avox, I thought to myself. I chugged my drink and I grabbed another. I feel a buzz. but I kept walking.

A man in all pink began to put his hands around my hips, "you're the new Victor right, are you having a good time" he asked "No, I just want to drink and forget this night even happened " I added, I tried pushing his hands away so I could finish my drink," I don't want to dance " I said.

I was getting frustrated. I slapped his hand away "let go " I huffed. I pulled my hand away and he looked at me, and began to lick his lips. He spun me around his arms now around me, I could feel his hot breath on my neck, I was uncomfortable, I was trying to get him off, lucky for me someone who happened to be his wife came back and he let go quickly. I got out of there, I could hear her scolding him; As I left.

I noticed Mr Crane at the bar. I sat next to him "I'll have what he's having ' i told the bartender she nodded and gave me the same fruity drink," Nice to meet you, i'm Seneca, your games were legend, I watched them over and over," he spoke. he licked his lips while looking in my eyes " so are you celebrating?" he asked while sipping his drink. I rub my eyes trying to get Snow's voice out of my head" nope, i'm forgetting" i added, I picked up my drink and finished it quickly. I raise my hand to signal the bartender for another.

He smiled at me and moved closer, the bartender came back" let me" he said as he handed his money over then he handed me my drink " your games, i studded them, you know this is my first year as head gamemaker," he went on, all he could talk about was the games. That's all anyone talked about, these people need to get a life, I thought to myself.

I noticed that Haymich took a seat at the bar, he picked up his glass to cheers with me, I did the same. We both smiled at each other as he walked away he gently touched my shoulder. I chuckled to myself.

"hey, would you like to dance" Seneca asked i finished my drink and he led the way, " i'm having a good time with you, i'd like to get to know you more," he said as he placed his hand on my waist, "i feel the same way" i lied, it feels wrong, when i get back home i have to tell casey i thought to myself.

At that moment all the drinks were now hitting me, I stumbled over my feet. and I'm slurring my words, he looked at me, " someone had one too many to drink, i'll walk you back home " he said as he was helping me stand up. I was clinging to his arm afraid, one misstep would bring us both down. He was strong though and luckily for me he was sober. He walked me in, he bent down to kiss my hand goodnight.

I walked back to my room, my dad was sound asleep on my bed. I didn't want to wake him so I kissed his forehead, then I slept on the couch in the living room.