Casey's POV

Tonight was the tributes parade and I was so happy I got to see Nevaeh even if it was only a glimpse of her, I made my way over to Nevaeh's house as i walked in Naomi and Gina were waiting on the couch I took a seat on the floor and we watched the tv waiting for the Parade to start.

She always looks Stunning, I smiled when I saw her on screen," she's so sparkly" Naomi giggled, that's my girl I thought to myself, I heard the crowd all cheering them on as i noticed them holding hands, and the crowd goes wild with cheers then Caesar Flikerman comes back on the screen along with Claudius Templesmith " there goes District 4 " Caesar Flikerman Announced with a smile a few chariots later " ohh Claudius, here comes the youngest tributes this year only 12 and 13," Caesar Flikerman looked at Claud " how adorable ' he smiled and chuckled.

After the Parade I went outside to walk Coal, Naomi came running trying to catch up and we walked to the docks and back "It's nice having you around " Naomi spoke she looked up at me smiling i held her hand and gave it a gentle squeezed i walked her back home "good Night Naomi," I added.

I went home and I tossed and turned. I haven't been getting much sleep, when Nevaeh wins her games and is back home then I will be able to finally sleep, knowing she's safe. I finally went to sleep at around 2 in the morning.

_______________________________
I woke up and got ready for class at the training academy, I have no idea why I still have to go while the game are going on, but at least it will keep me distracted I thought to myself.

I was sparring with my friend Henrick he was tall, olive-skinned, with curly black hair.

"Left, right" he shouted as I punched his gloved hands after a while we finished sparring I was getting ready to go home when two boys came in "Did you see the parade last night?' the boy asked the other "yea, how about this year's tributes, " Especially the female tribute from 4, you think if she makes it back she will give me a chance ?" he asked, at that moment all I could see was red

I opened my eyes and both boys were on the floor one was bleeding the other holding his jaw

Henrick got me out of there, " what was that about" he asked I looked down at my hands as they started to bruise not hearing a word he was saying, I looked up at him he waving his hands in front of my face "i didn't like the way they were talking about her" I admitted he nodded his head agreeing, we walked over to his house " are you going to be ok, the games start in a few days, i don't want to see you get into any more fights, ' he asked i nod my head " yea, i'll be fine, let's go for a swim "i asked we walked down to the docks and we swam all afternoon.

I noticed Annie Cresta walking up to the docks she sat down and dipped her feet into the water "What happened to you, should I even ask" she spoke I got out of the water to dry off "You should've seen the other two "I added I put my shirt back on " I think I'm gonna head home, I'll see you around guys" I said

Later I went to check up on Gina and Naomi as I walked into the house Coral jumped on me he started licking my face, I put my hands in my pockets trying to hide them but Gina noticed right away "What happened, " she gasped we walked into the kitchen and she offered me an ice pack, I told her what happened, I helped Naomi give Coral a bath i stayed for dinner and after walked back home.

As I walked inside my mom was sitting at the table working, she also works in the mayor's office

"Hey kiddo," she spoke up from behind her book "Hey Mom" I added as I sat down next to her "Where's dad 'I asked she looked up from her book "he took a longer shift" she added as she put her book down "I'm sorry, we both hate to leave you alone so much" she admitted "hey, it's ok i get it " I Assured her "and I'm sorry about Nevaeh, she's a good kid " she added I nodded my head and went up to my room

________________________________________

I woke up and got dressed I grabbed an apple and headed down to the docks I spent all day fishing later that night I walked into town where I sold my fish "Mags, here you are, two fish ready to go "I handed her fish as she smiled at me " such a nice boy" she beamed I helped her to victors village after I returned home, I spent most of the night reading.