Chapter 14

Casey's POV

As I heard Annie and Henrick's names called during the reaping, I knew I had to do something,  I wasn't going to send another person I care about to these death games, I saw him make his way to the stage and be led by peacekeepers, and I quickly followed as more peacekeepers were holding me back" I Volunteer as tribute "I shouted.

"ohh my, I think We have a Volunteer mayor" Nova added and she quickly motioned for me to get closer, and made me and Annie hold hands " Our tributes from District 4," she said. Soon after we were led into the justice building, my parents came by to say goodbye, they told me they loved me and that whatever happened, they wanted me to know that they were proud of me they were there few a few minutes until Peacekeepers came by and showed them out.

After my parents left Henrick came by "What were you thinking, You're so dumb" he said as he hugged me, we talked for what seemed like hours until Peacekeepers came and told him that the time was up.

Then Nova led me and Annie to the trains.

_______________________________________________________________________

To my horror, I saw Casey walk up on the stage, what was he thinking, a million thoughts raced in my head, Nova motioned for Annie and Casey to hold hands " Our Tributes from District 4" she beamed, before quickly assuring them both into the Justice building. Everyone soon cleared the square but I stood still, frozen in place, " did you know, he was going to that, Nevaeh what are we going to do" Finnick's voice snapped me back to Reality.

" Of course, I didn't know " I added he grabbed my hand and led me to the trains out of earshot, where no one could hear us "We have to help, we gotta do something, Annie's my girlfriend " he ordered  I looked at him " and Casey is my husband " I added I felt someone touched my shoulders I flinch, " Nevaeh I'm so sorry, I want you to know I had nothing to do with that–" Henrick went on but Finnick interrupted " it should've been you " he huffed as he walked off.

" you have to believe me," Henrick sobbed I nodded my head "Look, it's ok I don't blame you, now if you mind I have to go, I need some time to process what just happened "I blurted, I made my way to the trains Cove was seating down at the table buttering her toast. the doors to the trains opened and Nova was there along with Annie and Casey.

"Are you crazy" Finnick hissed while looking at Casey, and soon everyone was arguing with each other, and the train was roaring with voices, growing louder Cove rolled her eyes and stabed the table with her knife " Look, what's done is done, Now all of you, get a grip, let's think of how to get them out, instead of fighting, because right now that's not helping anyone" Cove Snapped.

 " That Is Mahogany!" Nova gasped.

My heartbeat increased, I took a deep breath and as I was rubbing my temples I could feel a hand rubbing my shoulder I held out my hand and excused myself.

I laid on my bed for a while, until Cove knocked on my door " Nova says Dinner is ready, you should eat something " She told me. I opened the door and I followed her to the cart where everyone else was waiting for us. Dinner itself was pretty quiet, I finished my plate and excused myself and I went to sleep soon after.

Casey's POV

After Cove talked some sense into all of us, I wanted to follow Nevaeh, "Give her some time " Cove told me, I nodded my head and I went to my room, as I sat on my bed I looked out the window I could see all the trees go by quickly, I took a deep breath I was watching outside and after a while, I fall asleep. I was awakened by a knock at the door I opened and Nova told me that dinner was ready, i sat next to Annie and I was purring myself some water i saw Cove and Nevaeh take their seats. After dinner, I soon fall asleep.