Chapter 3

Since we left the palace a few days have passed and in this amount of time I have discovered that my name is Roidare Arwen Celebrian, I am the second princess of the kingdom of Estian, a small military kingdom in the north of the world called Arcadia. Before I was born in this world my name was Harmony and I was an employee in a big company, I had no family or friends but one night I fell into a river and found myself reincarnated, at least that's what I think happened to me. Immediately after my birth I was exiled to the coldest and most unpopulated area of the kingdom, the Elanor region, because of my appearance that according to the culture of the place is considered "cursed", I was in fact born with golden jewel eyes and silvery hair. We are currently on our way to the place of my exile, if we want to call it that, we can in fact say that I have been more simply abandoned to my destiny by my family and I am quite sure that both my so-called parents and my brothers will soon forget about me as if I had never existed. Unfortunately I still don't know why I reincarnated in this world, as I have no idea what I should do from now on, I definitely can't survive on my own and I don't have enough information about this world, I practically only know my name and that of this kingdom. The days go by slowly, the only things that Lily, my kennel, allows me to do are sleep and eat, outside there is only the dark and threatening forest, at night we camp in places that the coachman considers safe, but I never go out, according to Lily I could get sick easily, even if these days I have noticed a strange thing, I do not feel the cold, I do not perceive it even if I see that there is. One night we camped near a clearing and at a certain point I was woken up by Lily who was petrified, motionless and held me tightly in a hug, at first she did not understand what was going on, but then I understood that we were surrounded by creatures, and with horror I noticed that they were not ferocious animals, but monsters, like those of legends and that there were many I saw in the night dozens of small, green little monsters, then she heard the coachman scream, he had been taken by those creatures, Lily was crying softly...

They were surrounded by goblins, that was their name and their presence, the existence of the monsters indicated that his assumptions about that new world were wrong, in fact that world was not similar to what it came from, but there was magic, he could not believe it, it was reborn in a fantasy world, not simply a world similar to the previous one but temporally backwards, but a world like that of the novels, even if that was not a story and the one in which it was found itself was a life and death situation. As she assimilated all this new information a thought flashed in her mind: I'm not ready to die, it could be the end for me and I want to live no matter what, but how can I survive in the body of a defenseless baby girl, it's a beautiful and good injustice!! The moment she had almost lost hope she heard a noise, they were footsteps, those of a man, heading towards them, but strangely neither those beings nor Lily had heard anything yet and she could not speak. The goblins were getting closer and closer and when they were about to turn the wagon the man whose footsteps Roidare had heard intervened and with his sword wounded some of them, making the others run away. Lily recovered and surprised she called the man Sir Erech, he was also recognized by Roidare as he was one of the men who were in the room of the palace where she was born and she remembered that the king, the man who had given her name, her father, had called him the head of the knights. Lily squeezed her harder and harder and the man feeling the hostility said: I am not here for the reason that you think or I would have left you to the goblins, I do not agree with the decision of the sovereigns, for a prejudice that they called curse as an excuse this little girl despite having done nothing she will have to live a hard and hateful life and I want to help her along this path, I am here to protect her, I resigned from the knights to put myself at the service of the princess, I will continue the journey with you and I will be an escort.

Sir Erech was a tall and sturdy man with dark blond hair and brown eyes, he was the first leader of the knights not belonging to the nobility but nevertheless he had abandoned everything for what he thought was right, that moment in Roidare came to smile, he felt safer. Then you hear noises, footsteps, a very heavy breath, the branches breaking, a monster much larger than the goblins was approaching, but the two adults were unaware of it, it was as if her senses were sharper and developed than theirs, she had to do something or it would be too late, then she started crying, it was the first time since she was born, worried Lily said: How strange, the princess never cries, she had to be very scared, with all this blood... Sir Erech replied: He never cries, that's strange, all the other young royals at his age did nothing but cry and sleep. They seemed not to understand and then the newborn girl grabbed the grouch's finger and pointed to the place from which she heard the noises, the uncertain man turned to the place indicated by the princess and then the presence of the being, an ogre, a very powerful monster so much so that ten middle-ranking knights were needed to subjugate him. The ogre threw his ferrata bat against the knight who dodled her by unleashing his sword and hitting him against his hard and wrinkled skin, when he was ready to make the final attack against the ogre, the latter hit in full Sir Erech who fell to the ground unconscious, they were finished there was nothing more they could do, but it could not end like this, it was not possible, Roidare wanted to live but all he could do at that moment was cry and so he cried and at that moment you felt his heart beating in an accelerated way, he felt a flame inside her feeding to such a point To hurt her, and then her amber eyes lit up, she saw everything, as if it were not late at night, her senses all became sharper than they were before and then at that exact moment the ice spikes struck the ogre.