Chapter 4

Roidare didn't understand what was going on, but then she realized that Lily was shaking, she initially thought it was because of fear but then she realized that everything around her was covered with a thin layer of ice and that the cold was raging and that cold was coming from her...this meant that those spikes were her cause, but how, what was going on? Roidare was afraid, did not understand and was shaken, for the first time in both of her lives she was not afraid of others or the future, but of herself. Sir Erech who had recovered took her cautiously in his arms and seeing the face of the newborn, despite thinking he would not understand it, explained to her: The world of Arcadia is flourishing with magic, humans, dwarves and elves, these are the three great species that master this art. Everyone is capable of using magic, even if with limitations, people growing up possess a certain amount of mana, the essence of magic, pure life energy. Those who possess large amounts of pure mana usually become a magician, or those who instead possess the aura, a mana of fatigue and not innate usually become master swordsman, however they are both very difficult jobs. Upon reaching a certain age, which varies from person to person, species to species, the mana is released and blooms in the body and grows until it reaches adulthood. Usually those with the most magical power are nobles and royal families, but there are many exceptions. Each person has a certain compatibility with a specific type of magic, although there are cases where there is more than one compatibility, but they are very rare. You, princess, have just woken up, you have perhaps had the earliest awakening ever seen before, and the amount of power and mana you already have right now is incredible. I am sure that in the future you will do great things, having said the danger of hurting others there is no I deny it, which is why you will have to train a lot, to preserve and protect those you love and your people. Sir Erech who already thought that his was a useless speech, as done to a newborn girl was surprised to see the determined and combative look of the little girl, nevertheless he did not think too much about it and decided that it was better to move, that was a dangerous place.